Being charged for equipment already returned to Verizon
ericdorsey

On 05/15/2014, {edited for privacy} moved.  We unfortunately had to close our accout with Verizon, due to the fact that you do not service our new area.

We received the Verizon box to return the equipment and did so, the day after the box was received. 

Last month we were reviewing the bill and noticed that we were charged for un returned equipment.  {edited for privacy} called and was advised that the equiprment was received and that it would be taken off the next month's bill.  We have received the next month's bill and it is still on there.

Today, {edited for privacy} called and endured the following events.

1) Called and spoke to Brittany and advised what was needed.

2) Transferred to Customer Service.  I was told that I was transferred to the wrong department.

3) Transferred to Billing.  I was again told that I was transferred to the wrong department and was given the telephone number to the Process Tech's warehouse- {edited for privacy}.  I spoke to Jennifer.  She confirmed in the computer that we are not suppose to be charged anything and that the equipment had been received. However, Jennifer advised that it would have to be adjusted by customer service.

4) Jennifer stayed on the line and put me in contact with the customer service department again, who advised that I had the wrong department. 

5) I was then transferred to Dottie in Billing (Tampa, FL), who advised that I would not be credited until October, 2014.  She advised that I should not pay my full amount of the bill until this has been resolved.l  However she stated that I should pay something to keep Verizon from sending this account to collections.  I have been paying $50.00 per month and will continue to do so until this matter is resolved.  **Just an FYI:  Dottie's supervisor is Royse.

Complaint.  I feel that it is unethical to charge customers for equipment, if you have received it in your warehouse, but don't have the man power to keep up with the inventory.  Also to be transferred to to many departments, is not good customer service.

We enjoyed the verizon experience when we lived in your area, but should you ever reach the Greenville, TX area, we will think twice before returning to you as customers.

0 Likes
Re: Being charged for equipment already returned to Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ericdorsey,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

ericdorsey, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
MiriamPasaye

I am passing through the same situation with Verizon. I returned all my equipment and have all proof of it. I call and take over and hour on the phone, at the end no one knows anything, no department can help me out. I'm still being charged for a router that I don't have. I am very dissapointed that I have to be going through this, I loved their internet but I had to remove for the same reason. I moved and my area didn't offer Fios. At this point I never again want to be their customer. I have also being talking to friends and family members about this experience. This company takes advantage of good people who work hard to have good credit and is all ruined because they can't keep up with their inventory.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes