Beware of Ordering Verizon Accessories off the web site!
Northwoods3
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a most bizarre story but I offer it as a warning to others.

On August 6, 2020 I ordered one of the new FiOS router and extenders off the web. I received a confirmation email of the order.

The devices arrived in mid-September. After a week, I determined that the E3200 extender was flawed and couldn't perform as a simple access point. FWIW, Verizon technical support was not helpful with this. After several hours, the only help that was offered was a network and hardware reset.

I returned the E3200 to a local FiOS store as I couldn't find the original shipping materials. I was assured that I would receive credit to my account. After a week of not seeing it appear on my Verizon account, I went on support chat. After about an hour or so on line and at least one "disconnection", they told me that credits wouldn't appear until closer to my billing cycle invoice (this turned out to be a stock answer; I'm not even convinced it is true).

A day before my billing cycle I checked again. No credit. Went on chat again and got the same answer.

Today I received the monthly bill and guess what - no credit. So I spent 2.5 hrs more on chat (with another "disconnection") to find out the following - they have no record of my order because it wasn't apparently associated with my Verizon account! I provided them the order number, the receipt ID etc, but it didn't seem to help.

To confirm, I checked the AMEX statement and indeed Verizon Teleproducts (800) 837-4966 is listed as the vendor.

So the chat recommends that I call a number which turns out to be Frontier in FL who of course don't know who I am or have any record of my order.

So now I'm trying the number at the phone number listed on the AMEX and finally seem to be speaking with someone who actually works for Verizon. And they're going to look into it off-line.

My recommendation: don't buy any Verizon accessories on line unless you add them via your account. I'll certainly never buy any Verizon accessories online in the future after this. I wouldn't waste my time on chat billing help either - go directly to voice.

Although this is still ongoing, I found this whole experience deeply distasteful so far. Verizon  FiOS used to be the best.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Beware of Ordering Verizon Accessories off the web site!
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest you to not pay the accessories immediately next time but to add the due amount into your monthly bill. This way, there is no way for the system to miss your purchase.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I would have done a chargeback. This way have Amex and verizon battle it out.

just make sure you have the return receipt.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest you to not pay the accessories immediately next time but to add the due amount into your monthly bill. This way, there is no way for the system to miss your purchase.

0 Likes