Beware of “test drive” promotion - deceptive practices
Bkf21589
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for nearly 10  

years. When my previous agreement ended, my bill skyrocketed so I intended to switch providers to Xfinity. I received a last minute loyalty offer to stay with Verizon, and when I called to claim and reinstate my plan, they had cancelled my services a day early. The sales representative assured me that she could honor a similar package which would include a double play Ultimate tv and 100 internet for 79.99 per month. This was virtually the same deal Xfinity was offering at the time. She explained that this would just include premium channels (stars, sho, etc) for a limited time and then my plan would default to the premier package that I previously had at the same rate of 79.99. I asked her to confirm this multiple times and that at the end of the “test drive” no action would be needed on my part and the plan would remain as agreed upon and she assured me that I needed to take no further action. This was not the case, as I have just spent another day on the phone dealing with multiple representatives who refuse to honor my original offer. My bill is now over $30 more per month with less channels than I was promised. I am beyond disappointed and disgusted at not only the lack of honesty when I was offered this plan both verbally and through email, but also the lack of professionalism I was met with on the phone when trying to get clarification on this matter. I requested to cancel my services since this was not the price or services I was promised and was told I would have to pay $350 to terminate my contract early. I can’t believe they can get away with this bait and switch gimmick, and  to outright lie on the phone and include very limited explanation via email and then completely change my plan and pricing without warning with no option to cancel. This should be a crime!

0 Likes
Re: Beware of “test drive” promotion - deceptive practices
jonjones1
Legend

Bait & switch falls under the jurisdiction of your state attorney generals office so contact them

service in general call your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and call and or file on line a valid complaint. They regulate verizon and other utilities so they maybe able to assist you.

http://www.fcc.gov has an online complaint service check it out. Also submit a complaint to http://www.bbb.org 

best of luck

Re: Beware of “test drive” promotion - deceptive practices
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bkf21589,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes