Bill Payment Online, Please Help
vabeach7571

After three separate phone calls to customer support, being transferred four times, and over two hours of cumulative phone time, I have been unsuccessful at getting this issue resolved:

I can log into my account just fine, but when I select make a payment, the screen where I’d normally enter in the payment gives me a red exclamation point that says my account information has recently changed – please enter my account information to verify it. I enter my account number (yes it’s been verified I’m entering it in correctly) and my zip (verified as well), but it tells me the information is incorrect.

In addition to this, the phone number listed at the top of that particular box is incorrect. This is the only area that phone number appears. Everywhere else in my account profile it appears correctly. I don’t want to pay over the phone and waste three dollars for a “processing fee.” Is there anyone at Verizon who can tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

To any Verizon rep who may read this, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Bill Payment Online, Please Help
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
jetman56
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is almost exactly the problem I was having.  For the last couple of years I only had FIOS Internet.  I recently added TV and Digital Voice.  Apparently my account number then changed and my Easy Pay payment was not deducted as usual.  Subsequently I was charged a late payment fee, which was later recinded after calling customer service.

However, now I cannot pay my bill online or setup Easy Pay.  I was getting the same information screens (including an incorrect phonenumber) as vabeach757 and despite repeated attempts to provide my account number, the system kept telling me that the information was incorrect.

When I called customer service again, they transferred me to another department to give me my "correct" account number, which turned out to be the same number I was submitting!  From that point on, whenever I try to log into my account, I either get a screen saying that the system is being updated; try again in a few minutes or a screen saying that my information can't be processed at this time.

Called customer service once again and was told to wait a day and try again.  Still the same problem, several days later!  I have a payment due on 3/14 and the only way I can figure to pay it is using the phone payment system and paying the extra $3 processing fee (I am able to get my account information over the phone, but not online).

Help - all I want to do is to be able to pay my bill and set up Easy Pay again.  If the moderator can forward this post to the Verizon-monitored board I would appreciate it.  It's extremely frustrating to be transferred to multiple departments over the phone and not get any satisfaction.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

jetman 56,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. I've copied your post to a private board.  An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes