Bill formats and OVERCHARGING!
Infinite_Clouds

I just got my bill for this month - my third with FioS - and it is 40$ over what it should be. The bill format is completely different and none of it makes any sense. I refuse to pay it and will cancel if need be. I will not pay it and then receive a credit next month either. If Verizon wants a loan they can go to a bank.

Last month's Bill....

Summary

FiOS Digital Vocie $39.65

FiOS TV $143.04

Verizon Online $11.50

Total $194.19

--------------

Voice

FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited $44.99

FioS Digital Voice Bundle Discount -$14.99

Directory Assistance $2.50

Total Services - $32.50

Taxes and Fees $7.15

Total  $39.65

TV

FiOS TV Ultimate HD $89.99

FiOS TV Ultimate HD Bundle Discount -$9.99

Standard STB Rental $5.99

12 Mo. Standard Set Top Box Credit thru Jul 7, 2011 -$5.99

HD DVR Rental

Quantity 2 @ 15.99                                 $31.98

Home Media DVR - HD $19.99

Total Services -$131.97

Taxes and Fees $11.07

Total $143.04

Verizon Online

FiOS Itnernet 35/35 $89.99

24 Mo. Bundle Credit thru Jul 6, 2012 -$20.00

FiOS Internet 35/35 Bundle Discount -$58.39

Total $11.50

Now, none of that really made sense to me when I saw the bill and I even called to ask about it. Also, the fact that my Verizon Wireless and FiOS bills were still seperate when they were supposed to be combined for "Quad Bundle" wherein I would get an additional $10 off. I was assured that the two bills would be combined the following bill cycle and that I would receive a retroactive credit for the previous month. Even though I couldn't make heads or tails over the bill (paying 11.50 for internet?) I accepted it because I was expecting to pay around 190$ (180 if they would apply the $10 off for the QUAD and combine my bills)

I have my original contract and I signed up for all three, tier 3 services for 24 months @ $120 a month. $120 + ~$50 in equipment rental fees = $170... I allowed for $20 in taxes as was discussed when I signed so $190 (or again, 180$ with the one bill) is what was expected.

This month, I get this...

Triple Play : Full Month Sep 19 - Oct 18 
Triple Play 
Includes: 
- FiOS Internet 35/35 39.99
- FiOS TV Ultimate HD 80.00
- EPIX .00
- FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited 30.00
Total Triple Play $149.99                   (My contract says $120)

Bundle: Partial Month 
FiOS Internet 35/35 Bundle DiscountSep 17 - Sep 18  -3.33
FiOS Internet 35/35 Bundle DiscountSep 17 - Sep 18  3.90
FiOS TV Ultimate HD Bundle DiscountSep 17 - Sep 18  .67
FiOS TV Ultimate HD Bundle DiscountSep 17 - Sep 18  -.67
FiOS Digital Voice Bundle DiscountSep 17 - Sep 18  1.00
FiOS Digital Voice Bundle DiscountSep 17 - Sep 18  -1.00
Total Bundle Partial Month $.57 (So my bundle discount is .57 cents this month?!)

TV Additional Services 
Home Media DVR - High Definition    19.99

High Definition DVR Rental 2 at 15.99  31.98

Standard STB Rental    5.99 (Where's my 12 mo. discount?!)

Date NightEvent date Aug 22 Event time 12:48 pm (This was never ordered, EITHER!!)

Total TV Additional Services $62.95

Taxes, Fees and Other Charges 
Voice
NY State and Local Sales Tax 1.25
NY County Sales Tax 1.32
Dist sales tax .12
Federal USF 2.65
State/local 1.02
MCTD Franchise Tax Surcharge .12
911 Tax .35

TV
NY State and Local Sales Tax 2.32
NY County Sales Tax 2.46
Dist sales tax .22
Video Franchise Fee 7.14

Total Taxes, Fees and Other Charges $18.97

The format is warped I can't even draw a clear comparison but I do know that this is not what my contract says and I won't be paying it, or any ETFs if they will not send me a NEW bill.

0 Likes
Re: Bill formats and OVERCHARGING!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
fonz56
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kat.in said users help other users..  Excellent suggestion.  My help is:  Change companies.

dursty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Change companies?  Nice.. I think what the general public is **bleep** about is here you have a good product.... but a incomprehenseable bill that that you can't make heads or tails of.  Verizon often overcharges or charges different from what you think your going to be charged.. EVERY TIME!!!!   If you call a CSR about setting up new service.. just ask them how much your bill is going to be.. Your not going to get an answer.   What product inthe world you buy if they couldn't at minium tell you much how the product costs?  My $109.00 triple play package (plus taxes) is $197.00.. nice.  Just figure you verizon bill will be about 40 to 70 dollars more than what they claim it will be.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ignoring those who are obvious cable company plants ... I would go with KaLin's reminder that you need to call customer service for these kinds of things.

The first three months I had service it took a bit for things to get setup properly.   The biggest sticker shock is that your first partial month along with the first full month's service are charged up front.  So, if you happen to join one day after the billing cycle ends, it can end up giving you a bill for almost two months service.

I would agree that second bill seems to be missing some things.  In particular the bundles.  So, that's definitely a cause for concern and you should get the billing folks on the line and make sure it's setup properly.

By month three, my bill settled down and is exactly as I expect each month with the bundle discounts clearly shown. 

I'd call and ask billing to simply walk thru the bill with you and explain each item (including showing you where the bundle discounts are reflected).

SteveLogan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have YOU ever had a billing problem and actually tried to call and talk to your CSRs?  You could ask the same question to 10 different reps and get 12 different answers.  You'd probably spend over 30 minutes on hold each time you called, and if you needed to be transferred chances are you'd be disconnected.  If you asked for a direct phone number to Financial Services, you'd get 10 different toll free numbers and none of them would get you to Financial Services - you'd still be back at billing support.  When I asked FS about that they told me there are NO direct numbers for FS and that ALL CALLS go through the same waste of customer time.

ant638

I am on Disability,I get a check once a month on the 3rd. I am getting billed charges due on the 21, Of each month. That will lead me to be late,while the next charges are added on the next bill.  It's not fare that you keep telling me that you can not change my billing date. While I am losing control of the payments and treated me to pay or "Shut-off" my service. It's just not right at all. I never had a problem with Verizon  phone until I added Fios Services with Television and Internet

0 Likes
vetas

The charges for the land line phone service and Internet are unacceptably high. Very disappointed with Internet speed, and very unsatisfied with the service cost. Always overcharged for unused services, that were added without my permission. Will change provider soon.

0 Likes