Bill from CMR claims?
shaynes1

My FiOS line got cut (although it was marked) and well afterward I got a bill from a CMR claims for $321.50. Is this a scam? Why isn't it from Verizon? Shouldn't the cable have been buried deep?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bill from CMR claims?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to call Verizon directly so they can review any notes on your account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to call Verizon directly so they can review any notes on your account.

0 Likes
kmott25

I have received a bill from CMR claims for repair from a cut line. But I have read several sites online that this is a scam. How can I verify this?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kmott25,

Have there been any repairs to the FiOS line on your property?

0 Likes
Samira1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi I received a bill from CMR for $307.19 as well. They are saying they are related to Verizon and this bill is for the damages to Verizon dropwire. I called verizon support, I got transferred from one person to another in a loop!! I called like 10 times, I was very dissatisfied with the verizon services in that regard. Now I am stuck with a bill from this company that I dont even know about, and dont know what to do with

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Samira

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Bill from CMR claims
slurpiechick84

I sent this letter re: a CMR claim 6 months ago with no response, and CMR keeps contacting me to pay.  Verizon, please contact me immediately.  Thank you.

June 24, 2015

Verizon c/o CMR Claims Dept

P.O. Box 60553

Oklahoma City, OK 73146

Re: Damage Claim Number: REDACTED

To Whom it May Concern,

I received a billing statement dated 06/11/2015 requesting payment of $502.48 for repairs Verizon made to the cable on the exterior of our house.

When I called Verizon on and after 05/22/2015, two separate Verizon representatives made it clear to me that there would be no charge to us for the repairs needing to be made to the line.

I was very clear that I had cut the line while gardening. And they confirmed that we would not be charged for either a temporary line which was to be installed within a day, or the permanent line that would need to be dug in.

One of the representatives further apologized on behalf of Verizon that the line was buried at a shallow depth of only 2 – 3 inches below the surface of the soil.

By requesting that I pay Verizon for services they contracted with me to perform for no charge, Verizon is breaking its contract.

This billing statement is invalid for the reasons given above.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR claims
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Squirdel

Last September 2015, I was planting a mum by my back staircase and hit the FIOS cable.  It was not marked and was shallow enough that I cut it with a regular garden spade.  Now six months later I have received a bill from CMR for $189.19 demanding payment for damage.  I was never informed by the rep I talked to on the phone or anyone else that there wpould be a charge for this repair.  I have talked with CMR and it is like talking with a robot with a set message - no help available.  I have not been able to reach anyone at Verizon about this bill.  Can you help.

Thanks

Squirdel

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Squirdel,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes