Bill from CMR for an Wire Drop that I am not aware of the reason
CustomerFrm2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is another customer who is being threatened to pay $310 for a wire drop issue that I did not cause or unaware of who did it. Back in July I was getting ready for our vacation we had an issue with the internet and called Verizon for help. Technician came and found the wire outside the house is damaged and had to do a temporary wire until someone else comes and installs a new underground wire as it couldn’t be repaired considering where it is damaged. The technician felt it may be a human caused cut while we are not aware who would reach to that corner of the house and cuts the cable. I would have thought our lawn mower did it but can’t claim as they wouldn’t trim that part of the garden. I did check with them in general and heard the same. It is a shock for us when we received a $308 bill which I wasn’t aware of it coming. Verizon customer care did tell me there won’t be any charge for the repair but I still got a bill from CMR saying they represent Verizon. I clearly told them and called Verizon customer care several times that I am unaware of the cause of the damage. They don’t seem to listen and threaten me that they would send this for collections.

Not sure what I should do at this time. I have been paying hundreds of dollars to Verizon for their services since 10 years and this is how they treat their customers. No one to listen and solve.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bill from CMR for an Wire Drop that I am not aware of the reason
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CustomerFrm2008,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
CMR made me disconnect my services - Last day with Verizon
CustomerFrm2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is so wonderful that Verizon created a system of two billing systems for claims and services and they both dont talk to each other. They made me pay 300 dollars for something that I am not responsible. What is more painful is the fact that I am made feel guilty for something that I did not do. Threats of collections, legal actions and what not. I made the payment if that makes Verizon win the dispute. Moving on to Comcast tomorrow. Good bye.

0 Likes
Re: CMR made me disconnect my services - Last day with Verizon
jonjones1
Legend

@CustomerFrm2008 wrote:

It is so wonderful that Verizon created a system of two billing systems for claims and services and they both dont talk to each other. They made me pay 300 dollars for something that I am not responsible. What is more painful is the fact that I am made feel guilty for something that I did not do. Threats of collections, legal actions and what not. I made the payment if that makes Verizon win the dispute. Moving on to Comcast tomorrow. Good bye.

I sent you a private message. 

CustomerFrm2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldnt take this pain from CMR anymore and ended up paying the fines. I feel ashamed for paying for something that I have not done. Just dont have time to deal with this forever. Let Verizon get rich. Thanks anyway for your support.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CustomerFrm2008 wrote:

I couldnt take this pain from CMR anymore and ended up paying the fines. I feel ashamed for paying for something that I have not done. Just dont have time to deal with this forever. Let Verizon get rich. Thanks anyway for your support.

Like I said in my message it is a simple process and you will be glad you did take the action.

if everyone let companies walk on them and get monies they should not be entitled to we as consumers are the real losers. 

They must be held accountable 

0 Likes