Billed for my neighbors line repair
justdani1

My neighbors and I all had our privacy fences replaced - 5 townhouses.  Our shared contractor inadvertantly cut two of our FIOS lines which were laying 1-3 inches below the old fences.  The initial Verizon technicians who came out on two separate days stated to us that we would not be charged for the repair.  I have received bills from CMR Claims for two separate repairs one for my property and one clearly marked for my neighbors address two doors down.  Any ideas on how to resolve this ?  Verizon says I must take it up with CMR Claims.  I am not sure who performed the actually final repair I was told by the Verizon repair technician that this is often contracted out.  I was not home when the temporary cable was removed and the other line placed somewhere.  To add injury to insult there are FIOS lines that are still visible above ground in my yard and my neighbors near our common fences.

0 Likes
Re: Billed for my neighbors line repair
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi justdani1,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
justdani1

I contacted CMR they have not addressed my question as to why I am being sent a Billing Statement for my neighbors drop line repair.  They are maintaining that Verizon allows them to initiate a damage claim for the severing of Verizon's line.  Even though Verizon technicians voiced that there would be no charge.

0 Likes
justdani1

Still getting bills for a repair 2 houses down from me.  What part of this is hard for CMR / Verizon to understand ??

@justdani1 wrote:

I contacted CMR they have not addressed my question as to why I am being sent a Billing Statement for my neighbors drop line repair.  They are maintaining that Verizon allows them to initiate a damage claim for the severing of Verizon's line.  Even though Verizon technicians voiced that there would be no charge.

0 Likes