Billed for rental I did not make
tbryer

As the subject says, I was billed for some sort of on-demand rental I did not make.  This causes me great concern because my primary reason for switching to Verizon from Comcast in the first place was because our Comcast account was being fraudulently billed 4-5 rentals a month.  Comcast told us to set a PIN that would be required prior to purchasing anything, so we did and the issue continued.  Now it appears as though the issue is beginning to happen with FiOS.  I spoke to a chat agent who told me that this rental was made via one of our Set Top Boxes at 10:54PM on Sunday the 16th.  My home has 3 people living in it - myself, my father, and his wife.  We are all adults.  Neither my father nor his wife were at the house at the supposed time of this rental, and I was already asleep because I had work the next morning.  The chat agent told me they would remove the rental from our bill, which is all fine and well, but Comcast completely failed to acknowledge or remedy the larger problem, and now Verizon is doing the same - somebody is somehow accessing our cable and ordering things from it.  I do not want to have to argue with Verizon every month about new rental bills we didn't make...

0 Likes
Re: Billed for rental I did not make
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the same problem is occurring with Verizon that you had with Comcast, chances are really good that neither Verizon or Comcast has anything to do with the issue.  It's extremely unlikely that the same issue would occur with two completely different cable providers.

This certainly appears like someone who has access to your equipment is renting movies without your knowledge.

I don't know if Verizon can disable rentals; you should ask them.

Good Luck

0 Likes