Billing Dispute - rent 1 TV Equipment Package overcharge
MDuser414
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have contacted verizon support about this billing dispute 3 seperate time, make that 4 as of this AM. They concur that they have received my equipment. But they still charge me the rental fee for the equipment for $11.99 / month + taxes and fees. This has been going on for 4 months now, since september 2014.

Last month before i paid my bill I decided to talk to verizon again. So I spent 2 hours on the phone with the rep who referred me to the manager. After another hour of research and being on hold with the manager, they confirmed they received the equipment and that I should be refunded 3 month of billing, and that the charges will be removed from future bills. So I proceeded and paid my bill in full.

Well, guess what! Today I received my new bill for Dec 2014 till Jan 2015 and of course there a tv rental charge on it. To add insult to injury, there is no credit for all the past charges. 

Naturally, I spent the last hour talkting to verizon support on the phone. After another 30 min of account review and 30 min on hold, she confirmed that yes they received the equipment. Now she was saying they received the equipment on 12/11/2014. I have papers that shows that I gave the equipment to the verizon store in september 2014. When I talked to verizon in October and November 2014 they said they received the equipment in september 2014. So today, the agent was not able to help me, then she said ok let me tranfer you to a manager and the call was disconnected. Big surprise. Even before I posted this message I sent a private message to a customer support on this forum just as a final straw.

So long story short, there is no resolution to date. I am being overcharged $12 per month and no one really cares. Now if god forbid and I am late in paying by bill, then I will get all sorts of fees and late charges added to my account. Is it worth getting all legal with them for $12 per month? I am not sure, but the idea that no one answers you is frustrating.

I guess if no one resolves this by the next couple of days I am going to switch to comcast...I am not paying any account termination fees as the way I see it Verizon is in breach of contract. 

Happy holidays everyone!

0 Likes
Re: Billing Dispute - rent 1 TV Equipment Package overcharge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MDuser414,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
murph99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wondering if you ever got Verizon to stop billing the $11.99?  I'm going through the same thing now but it's only been 3 months and two calls to Verizon.  I got the same run around on the equipment return as well.  Very fustrating as they acknowledge this issue each time and tell you "next" statement it will be resolved, but no change.

0 Likes
MDuser414
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon customer support were not able to help me, although we exchanged lots of emails and phone calls. In feb 2015, I filed a complaint with Fcc and that got verizon corporate involved then they fixed the problem. Good luck.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi murph99,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes