Billing Dispute
Lasallib
Enthusiast - Level 1

My personal checking account was recently compromised and the bank put an Alert on it immediately to prevent additional monies from being withdrawn. This happened to coincide with the 'pull' of money I'd authorized to pay my Verizon Fios bill. Instead, I paided the charge from a second account, on the designated due date. I also changed the routing and account number used by Verizon to pull those funds on their web pages.

Well, I'm being charged a $30 returned check service charge because their servers didn't refresh before the money was pulled. When I called to explain everything, I was told that it wasn't their fault that the bank closed the account so there was nothing that could be done.

I do not want to wind my way through their telephone tree again to reach the same person in their billing office (a manager) to be told that there is nothing to be done. So, how do I jump to someone with the authority to listen and intercede? 

Thanks for any and all help that might resolve this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billing Dispute
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Lasallib,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you. If you ever have any other questions, please let us know. We're here 24/7.

Best,

Anthony

View solution in original post

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Lasallib,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you. If you ever have any other questions, please let us know. We're here 24/7.

Best,

Anthony

Lasallib
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony

Thank you and Amara for resolving this issue so quickly and painlessly. I will definitely return to the forum should any issues arise going forward.

Sheryl

rferguson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Representative,

I have contacted Verizon Customer Support by telephone three times and finally by mail as suggested by the telephone Customer Support.

To date, no reply has been made to adjust my account that continues to accrue late fees since I have expressed that I will not pay for service that was originally included for the two year term of my contract. I found that within 12 months, Verizon charged me for HBO and Cinemax that I did not request to have activated but was told would be included in my package for two years since I was not offered the free DVR, pre-paid VISA card or waive the installation/activation fees.

Verizon has not replied to my repeated attempts to correct this issue. The charges plus fees now exceed $121 and I still am unwilling to pay the promotion that was to have continued through April, 2015. I am still honoring my part of the contract and paying for the service in lieu of the fact Verizon has not abided by the original terms.

I will, within 10 business days of this notification, I will forward my complaint to the Office of Cable Television at the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities for further processing. Finally, a formal complaint will be initiated with the NJ Better Business Bureau.

Sincerely, {edited for privacy}

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rferguson,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
nphutane

Dear Verizon Representative,

I have a land line(for last 16 years) and had added HSI service to my existing landline in August last week.
(You can easily verify your records)

A tech rep installed it. When I tested it, it was not working as per specs.
I had a chat with tech support. We went throgh for almost 1 Hr. but after testing everything, he arranged a tech rep visit.
The tech rep came and tested evrything and found that it is not working as expected.
He spoke to engineers in LaGuardia and came to conclusion that it is more than 20,000 feet far off from main hub and technically it is not possible to provide the service and adviced to cancel the service.

So I called verizon and cancelled HSI service and restore my 16 year old land line service.
Confirmation # given to me was NJ {edited for privacy}

The rep told me that they will send me a packet to return the modem and I will not be charged for HSI services or modem and activation charges, as it did not work technically.

So I disconnected modem and did not use it since then, you can verify uses records.

I never recieved any packet, modem is still with me and I got bill for everything mentioned above.
I recieved the bill with all the charges for 2 months($216.58)

Yesterday I spoke to verizon rep, he said he will
credit for HSI services for Sept.($35.64), October($35.64) and
credit for activation fee($19.99).
Equipment charges($44.99) will be credited when I return the modem.
Confirmation # given to me was {edited for privacy}

Today, I recieved an email to pay the bill with the same amount($216.58).
For last 16 years never had issues with billing.
Please look in to the matter and do the needful.
In the mean time I will pay my dues for the land line I am using.

Hope to resolve ASAP.
Thank you,

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello nphutane

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rferguson
Enthusiast - Level 2
They closed the case without review. Im stuck again. Endless loop of no support.
0 Likes
Barryisnothappy

I have been trying for years to settle a billing issue with Verizon. A Comcast salesman erroneously ported our phone number. It took 3 days to figure out who had the number, and get things settled. During that time Verizon sent a bill for internet and phone. When issue was corrected I was told by Verizon rep to ignore short bill and just pay regular bill. Which is always paid. After each year Verizon sends this bill to collections.  I make 6 more phone calls, and I am told it is resolved again. I cant take it any more. I went to switch my cell phone to Verizon. I was told i had to pay up old bill or I couldnt get phone. No issue I got an At&T one but come on what does it take. Is the bill going to stay or have you been lieing to me. Please let me know. 

0 Likes