Billing Dispute
lane1985
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Whom it may concern:

I switched from verizon to sprint in October 2014, then received a quick bill summary with a bill of over $3000, I contacted verizon several times asking for a detailed bill explaining why the final bill was so high, and also why i could not get a complete, detailed bill with charges for each number I had on my account. THey once again sent me a quick bill summar, then I went in to talk to a representative in the local verizon store. Again I was only give a quick bill summary. Well they then sent me to collections, which I disputed with the collection agency. 

I refuse to pay over $3000 for a phone bill that I have no proof was my charges, I can understand the early termination fee, but there should be no reason for my final bill to be that high. My phone number was {edited for privacy}.  I do not know how to dispute this issue further.

Any help would be helfpful.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billing Dispute
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're posting in the public forums where Verizon residential customers help each other.  Residential means FiOS, DSL and landline telephone.  It looks like your issue is with Verizon Wireless.  You should visit the Verizon Wireless web page for their support and contact options.

http://verizonwireless.com/

You should also edit your post to remove your phone number as it is visible to everyone who visits this site.  If you don't edit your post the Verizon moderators will do it for you; however that may take a little while and you don't want to leave your number posted for all the world to see for very long.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're posting in the public forums where Verizon residential customers help each other.  Residential means FiOS, DSL and landline telephone.  It looks like your issue is with Verizon Wireless.  You should visit the Verizon Wireless web page for their support and contact options.

http://verizonwireless.com/

You should also edit your post to remove your phone number as it is visible to everyone who visits this site.  If you don't edit your post the Verizon moderators will do it for you; however that may take a little while and you don't want to leave your number posted for all the world to see for very long.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Dispute - end of 2 year contract
RUJUSTNUTS

This is a concern about the billing practices of Verizon - specifically the disconnecting services cost $338.42.  During my call to terminate services at the end of the 2 year agreement, a Verizon rep ordered a special "Pay for View" event to my account ($99), without my knowledge or acceptance.  All this while I'm discussing reducing or terminating services with Verizon!

As an individual, I do not carry enough weight with Verizon to get their attention.  I contact VISA who stated they will gladly take up the complaint and dispute.

History:

The contact with Verizon FIOS was coming to an end in mid-May 2015, so I began contacting Verizon customer sales and customer retention to see if a better plan was available.  I was subscribing to Verizon FIOS Triple Play with multiple room DVRs.  

I also looked into Verizon's competition offerings so that I was an informed consumer when talking with Verizon about pricing.  Long story made short, Verizon offered to reduce the plan cost for the 1st 6 months of the "new contract" by $20.  After 3 different calls and conversations to refine the plan, I decided to go with Time Warner.  I reduced my monthly charges by over $120.

When I received the "final billing", I noticed the total pricing of $338.42 to disconnect services.  This was termination at the end of the contract - not early termination!  A part of the fees were for a special $99 Pay for View charge.  When I called to address this charge - I was told that "I called to requested the service and could not dispute the charge."  Mike from Customer Service (??) was the supervisor who advised me that he could not review the records and talk with the Verizon rep to confirm there wasn't a mistake. No can do!  Mke stated that I called and requested the service and that the billing records were clear.  

I called my credit card company and advised them that I will be protesting the charge. VISA stated that they would be glad to help and work to resolve the dispute with Verizon.  I may be a small consumer to Verizon, but my big dog (VISA) is pulling at the leash.

I'll provide updates on this forum or another site if I'm locked out.  I'll also post this on Twitter and Facebook.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RUJUSTNUTS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
RUJUSTNUTS

LawrenceC

As advised, I'll take the next step by contacting the Verizon agent as noted in your email.

RUJUSTNUTS

0 Likes
RUJUSTNUTS

BTW...when will I recieve a "final bill"?  The recent billing is for a period of May-4 to June-3.  Since the contract terminated and service was stopped on May-6, I expect a corrected prorated bill (3 days) and a removal of the $99 Pay-for-View Boxing : Mayweather vs. Pacquiao charge.  

RUJUSTNUTS

0 Likes
RUJUSTNUTS

Direct link billing disputs for FIOS?

When I go to "billing dispute", I'm taken to a Phone/Wireless section.  Is there a quick or obvious link to get to FIOS billing disputes without calling Verizon or leaving a post on this forum?  I want a traceable way of recording my complaint and concern about Verizon's poor customer service and billing practices.

RUJUSTNUTS

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello RUJUSTNUTS,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support.  You will need to discuss billing issues with a Verizon agent.  You currently have an open Private Support case where your question can be answered. We ask that you keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the Private Support area until your case is resolved or closed.

0 Likes
RUJUSTNUTS

Lawerance,

This forum is to make help current and potential Verizon customers with understanding how to resolve issues with Verizon. This is the only forum where I, as a Verizon customer, can provide comment that isn't "in private".  The billing problem and lack of customer support isn't unique to me - it potentially effects many Verizon users.

The issues are:

1. Billing practices - charging for Pay-for-View event not ordered.

2. Failing to correct billing - to reflect "final billing" completed at the end of the 2 year agreement.

Note: the current statement reflects billing for terminated services.

0 Likes
Koryo

I also have a billing dispute. I sent all my equipment back when I upgraded to the new boxes and was chargered $240 for failure to return equipment. I sent back everything I had in the house including wires but they say they never received some outdated box that didn't even record anything. I have talked to several reps and a supervisor that have told me the problem had been resolved. However, every month since March, I keep receiving a bill that states I am in arrears and still owe $240. It is now July and still no resolution with the bill. I understand that there are multiple departments, shipping/receiving/cutomer service/billing, handling this but really how difficult is it to correct an error???

0 Likes