Re: Billing Dispute
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Koryo

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
michaelyoung13

Of course Verizon wants you to keep all of your correspondence private.

They don't want other people to see how they screw us out of our money through shady business practices and poor customer service.

In my case, they added all of the movie channels to my bill with a discount to partially offset the cost.  I didn't notice until they removed the discount and my bill shot up.  They credited that one month, but wouldn't correct their mistake and refund for the previous months, telling me I should have caught it sooner.  Supervisor Karen said that they send bills every month for that reason and it is my responsibility to catch their errors and then to fight through their poor customer service to try to get it resolved.  So I am out about $250 that they won't refund, because I didn't actively try to figure out how they were wronging me.

It seems the only resolution tehy leave us with is cancelling and spreading the word on their shady business practices so that others don't screwed as well.  We can make sure that our freinds, families and social media acquaintences get to hear about this stuff and hopefully they won't make the same mistakes.  Once it hits Verizon in the pocketbook enough, perhaps they will start listening to their customers trying to actually take care of them instead of screwing them out of every penny they can.

Congratulations on another lost customer.  We'll do everything we can to make sure that experiences like this become as financially painful for you as they are for us!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi michaelyoung13,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Ladyraptor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up with Verizon in December of 2014.  I moved away from TWC at that time and told the person that we were currently spending roughly $190/month for our internet, television, and premium channels.  We were given a rate and told that there would be a fee that would be pro-rated across the first two months of service.

During the set-up conversation, we also confirmed which channels we wanted and were important to us.  

When the service was installed, some of these channels were not included and we were forced to get the next higher plan.  During that conversation I asked how much this would add to our rate and made sure that it was still below the $190 we were paying per month and was assured by the CSR that it was.

Since that time, our billed average has been roughly $220 per month and we still have fewer channels than we did with TWC.

Finally, I took time out during my last day of vacation in June to spend the hour on the phone with Customer Service seeking to bring the issue to their attention.  I was told that it was indeed an error and that they would be more than happy to remedy the issue and was told that I should expect to see the revised rate on my online account in the next 24-72 hours and instructed to wait to pay the bill until AFTER the change was shown.  I was also told that my account would be credited for the previous months that were billed in error.

He came up with the number, made note of it in my customer file, and I accepted.  I made sure that we were ALL in agreement that this was the final BOTTOM LINE (including taxes, fees, and etc.).  I was told "yes".

Time went by and roughly two weeks later our cable was cut off for non-payment.

I again called Fios and apologized in advanced for being frustrated and hoped that I didn't take it out on the rep and then proceeded to recount the previous conversations with the CSR.  She stated that she couldn't do anything about it, but forwarded me onto a Supervisor to remedy.

The Supervisor came on and immediately went through the notes.

I stated that I was more than happy to wait to have previous conversations pulled from the prior calls as I've worked in a call center and understand that ALL calls are recorded for quality assurance.

She said that there was no need and immediately issued the credit, spoke with the necessary department to get the bottomline number to have the suspension lifted off of the account, I paid $7 over that amount in error, and she asked to make an appointment to finalize the changes for future billings the following Saturday.

I explained to the Supervisor that I wasn't available that Saturday and she placed me on hold and came back with an appointment with another Supervisor for the folowing day, July 15th, at 10 AM.  I put this on my calendar and confirmed explicity what the bill rate was going to be, that this would not change my cable services, this would not change my internet services, and that this revised rate would continue throughout the course of my tenure with Verizon.

I was told that it would and that Verizon was waiving any reconnect fees because of the miscommunication on their part.

According to everyone, this should have brought our balance to zero.

The finalization of our account was supposedly due to the account needing to refresh from its current status of "suspended" and she didn't want to keep me on the phone for longer than the 1+ hours I had already spent.

Next day, no call....

Finally, I called Fios today when I saw that, not only are my bills still more than $30 more than they would be had I stayed with TWC, I was also hit with some sort of reconnect fee and there are now two months of bills on the account.

I spoke with the initial CSR, explained everything AGAIN (apologized at first as I always do) and was transferred to another Supervisor to retell the entire story of everything up to that point.

Here is where it got wierd...

1.  I was told that they would not honor the rate that they had previously quoted me and refunded my account for erroneous billings for previous months.

2.  Apparently Verizon has the finest legal minds working for supervisory staff there as they insist that, although they can alter a contract to charge you MORE for services (if they are added), they cannot be held to account for any promises made that be to the contrary.

3.  When I asked to speak with the Supervisor's supervisor, I was told "no".

4.  When I asked to have the recording of the conversation with the Supervisor from the 14th, I was told "no". Those recordings were for "quality assurance purposes".

Is this not a quality assurance purpose?

I am at a loss here.  I have filed a complaint detailing the above and included screen shots taken from my online account during the conversation with the Supervisor, Trish W.

As a final insult, I asked Trish how I should proceed with filing a complaint and was told I could do it online by going to www.verizon.com/contactus or I could send it to a P. O. Box in Florida.

When I went to the website, I was told that I would not be able to file a complaint until after the close of business today.

How's that for customer service?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ladyraptor,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Ladyraptor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the board open but there hasn't been any request for exchange of information.

0 Likes