Switch Account

Billing Dispute

Contributor mkkr83787
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-12-2019
Message 1 of 3

How do I get in contact with someone to dispute an account that is showing up on my credit report?  I had a previous account with Verizon that was closed in March 2017, by Verizon due to suspected fraud.  I paid my balance in full and was issued a new account immediately.  I am showing this account on my credit report as closed by me and in default.  How can this be fixed?  

Moderator Moderator
Posts: 9,066
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Message 2 of 3

Hi mkkr83787,


As this is a peer to peer support forum, you will need to contact Verizon directly for assistance. We have sent you a private message with contact information for a dedicated specialist who is able to help with a resolution of your issue.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,747
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 3 of 3

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search. Also contact your states attorney generals office for the credit bureau postings.


the fair debt collection practices act tells you how to handle these issues. The quicker the better to contact the credit bureaus to dispute the bad postings. 

How-To Videos
The following videos were produced by users like you!
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.