Billing Issues Continue
robretpd
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, about one year ago I signed up and agreed to a two year contract. I received an email from verizon with the following:

{edited for privacy}@verizon.com

35/35
phone 
ult hd
20 home dvr
32- 2 dvrs
12- 2 stbs
12 tv tax
6 phone tax
______
-20.00 dvr 1 year
-20.00 discount 2 years
- 170 credit first month
= 170 1-12
= 190 13-24

My bill was actually about 174, but in all fairness, he said he could be off a few dollars with the tax so I assumed it was correct. The problem that I anticipated was that nowhere on my bill was it  reflected any discounts for the second year. Also, instead of 129,99 it was 139.99. I spoke to someone from this board who was assigned to help me resolve this issue so I could be assured of the proper credit being applied for year two. So, after being part of a three way call with someone from the escalation dept and someone from billing I was told to fax the email from verizon concerning the pricing to Mrs. Smith (should have been the first clue), which I did. After faxing there was no response and the verizon employee from escalation called and was told no Mrs. Smith worked there. He then got someone from billing on the phone once again who told me that the discounts were in fact reflected on my account and that my price would only go up $20.00 in year 2 and he would email me confirmation. Email of course was never received. Escalation department told me nothing they can do about the lieing and there was no way to find out who we spoke to. We then had another three way call with someone else from billing who once again assured me that the billing would only go up $20.00, Atleast she said that she would not email confirmation. So...fast forward...yes my bill went up $40.00 to 220.00.   I left cablevision mainly becasue they did not have BBC America. Well, now that they have BBC America (In HD!)..maybe it is just time to go back to them. FIOS is certianly a better product, but it just isnt worth the amount of time and energy dealing with lies. It is remarkable that this is the business plan Verizon has. 
0 Likes
Re: Billing Issues Continue
robretpd
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK So I did receive a credit for the current bill, which was great. I am supposed to be getting further credit in the form of Home DVR for life. It has yet to be added to my accounty, hopefully It will before I get to the next bill. The person who had contacted me semed very helpful and to post here if any additional problems. I belive his name was Mathew. Thanks agan....and if the person who helped me reads this..please contact me!!

0 Likes
KWesRI

Against the advice of multiple friends and family members who had issues with bill and later cancelled service out of frustration, i signed up for internet, TV, and phone.  A sales representative came to my house and was very friendly.  I was told HBO and Showtime were part of the plan i was signing up for.  She quoted me a price of around $130 a month after deals and I have that in her handwritting with the channels circled on TV channel listing brouchure of what would be included in the price (including HBO and Showtime.)  I then received an email stating my order was complete and quoted the price before taxes and promotions to be $129.99.

My first bill came in and it was of course more than this ($163), even adding the taxes to the price of 129.99 was about $20 less than what I was billed.  I paid it not having time to dispute and did not want to be late.  I called once my second bill was received and now around $186.  After being pushed around to two different numbers and 3 different sales associates I was just told that my email with the $129.99 pretty much means nothing.  It's just an estimate of what it possibly could be.  I thought that was great practice for a company this large, why send out an email at all.  I allowed the installation and excepted the service becuase the $129.99 would be less then what I was paying with another company and I would get a little bit more.  I am no longer paying less.  I was also told HBO and showtime was never part of my plan to be included in the price.  The associate stated that the sales associates who go to homes may quote a price but when they enter in the system they have to go with what deal are active at that time only so that's what you get.  Another frustrating fact since I watched the assocaite enter the order in her computer at my house while we talked but I am now being told it could be different when entered????  Also the email quoting $129.99 came a few days after she left when the order was officially all confirmed yet that was still just a rough estimate.

It looks like while I was happy to have a few more channels and ability to view DVR'd shows in bedroom, it's not worth the price since I'm now not getting a deal with Verizon.  My other cable service was same price.  At least with the other cable prodivider I never had to question the bill.  It stayed same price daily.  I was hoping those who warned me against verizon would be incorrect beause it wasnt' that recent.  I see now that the billing hasn't gotten better but maybe worse for Verizon.  A friend signed up for Verizon at their home around the same time and is having the same issues.  I think i'm going to feel better switching to a service I know I won't have to question and fight over the bill each much.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@KWesRI wrote:

Against the advice of multiple friends and family members who had issues with bill and later cancelled service out of frustration, i signed up for internet, TV, and phone.  A sales representative came to my house and was very friendly.  I was told HBO and Showtime were part of the plan i was signing up for.  She quoted me a price of around $130 a month after deals and I have that in her handwritting with the channels circled on TV channel listing brouchure of what would be included in the price (including HBO and Showtime.)  I then received an email stating my order was complete and quoted the price before taxes and promotions to be $129.99.

My first bill came in and it was of course more than this ($163), even adding the taxes to the price of 129.99 was about $20 less than what I was billed.  I paid it not having time to dispute and did not want to be late.  I called once my second bill was received and now around $186.  After being pushed around to two different numbers and 3 different sales associates I was just told that my email with the $129.99 pretty much means nothing.  It's just an estimate of what it possibly could be.  I thought that was great practice for a company this large, why send out an email at all.  I allowed the installation and excepted the service becuase the $129.99 would be less then what I was paying with another company and I would get a little bit more.  I am no longer paying less.  I was also told HBO and showtime was never part of my plan to be included in the price.  The associate stated that the sales associates who go to homes may quote a price but when they enter in the system they have to go with what deal are active at that time only so that's what you get.  Another frustrating fact since I watched the assocaite enter the order in her computer at my house while we talked but I am now being told it could be different when entered????  Also the email quoting $129.99 came a few days after she left when the order was officially all confirmed yet that was still just a rough estimate.

It looks like while I was happy to have a few more channels and ability to view DVR'd shows in bedroom, it's not worth the price since I'm now not getting a deal with Verizon.  My other cable service was same price.  At least with the other cable prodivider I never had to question the bill.  It stayed same price daily.  I was hoping those who warned me against verizon would be incorrect beause it wasnt' that recent.  I see now that the billing hasn't gotten better but maybe worse for Verizon.  A friend signed up for Verizon at their home around the same time and is having the same issues.  I think i'm going to feel better switching to a service I know I won't have to question and fight over the bill each much.

0 Likes