Re: Billing Mistakes - Unhappy New Customer
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
vahiker_hunter

I renewed under the Triple Play Utlimate Fios, 35/35 and digital phone for the $114.99 with the $300 prepaid Visa and am being billed $139.99, upon contacting CS, Mario was working to get approval for the price, as the promo was no longer current, however, we were disconnected twice, however, Mario called immediately upon the first disconnect, but later while on hold, I was disconnected and not called back.  I called again and the CS rep Tamara was very course and refuted my claim of this pricing package.  Did not entertain this price for the package described, however, was happy to file an escalation ticket (they'll contact me over the next 5 business days...) and when I asked for a Manager upon this initial "vibe" I was told the manager was unavailable.  After trying to get to where Mario and I left off, I just did the escalation ticket and again asked for the Supervisor, to which I was told the manager was on the phone, however, I could leave a message for a call within the next 24-48hrs.  I've never had this kind of issues before and I've been with Fios for over 4 years now...I am seriously contemplating terminating...can anyone provide screen shots of the promo from the first quarter 2012?

0 Likes
julikell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just posted the following message in its own thread:

For the past two years, my FIOS bill has ranged from $100 to $110. I pay my bills regularly.

I renewed FIOS (FIRST MISTAKE) with a two-year contract (SECOND MISTAKE). Thought my monthly bill would be under $100. At least, that's what the nice lady in sales told me, and I believed her (THIRD MISTAKE).

Now my bill is $276. That's two hundred seventy-six dollars!!!

I don't want FIOS. I don't want your gift card.

I want to be released from the STRANGLEHOLD THAT IS VERIZON. Verizon billing is dishonest and unethical. I don't want anything to do with this company ever again.

0 Likes
GoBlue12

Keep checking your bill every month.  Especially if you recently spoke with some sort of customer service person about anything. 

Every  few months something new would appear on my bill.  For some reason they randomly add on services that I never said I wanted and never even asked about. 

They are usually small amounts,  between $5 and $10 so unless I was really looking at every single line, I would miss it.   Sometimes it is some kind of game club thing,  a couple of times the internet security thing they offer would pop up.   Finally what set me off (and I haven't had a problem that I have noticed for a year now)  was when they offered me a free 3 month movie package, to make up for the hassle I had to go through with my bill.   So I accepted the free 3 months of movie channels.  They asked me which channels I wanted, and went down the list of them.   I asked them if they were all free.  YES they said.  So I said that in that case give me the whole movie package so I can check it out.    Well,  a month later there is a charge for $30 or so for a movie package.  I was so **bleep** off at this point.   I called and the ding dong that answered the phone had this as an answer:  well, we bill you for the movie channels for 3 months, and if you don't cancel the package before three months then we will credit back to your account  90-whatever  dollars. 

My mouth just fell open in disbelief.  It was then that I finally realized that these people have absolutely no clue about anything that is being discussed.  They must not get trained at all.    Why in the world would I pay for three months, something I was supposed to be getting for free?   Why would anyone care if I cancelled before 3 months?  Especually because I am not supposed to be paying for it anyway!   I went a couple of rounds with her repeating those exact two points over and over.   She came up with something about my bill being "prorated"  and some other nonesense that she didn't even know the meaning of!  

I am not saying this to be mean to this girl I talked to.  I seriously think Verizon must have the worst training program in the history of customer service.   It baffles me how they are as big as they are!  Well, maybe that is the problem.  They are so big, they can bully and cheat the customers, and somehow get away with it.

0 Likes
voice3

Interesting... I just received my first bill from Verizon and it was over 10% higher than my "predicted bill" because of "Verizon charges." When I went to billing support on the Verizon website, no contact options were listed. I'm beginning to question my switch to Verizon from Time Warner. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
CancelSoon

If you need to return defective equipment, be ware of using only the Prepaid Shipping Label that they include.  Be sure to add, at your own expense, a request for someone at Verizon to sign for its receipt.   I did not.  I returned an $11.99 per month set box in December 2012.  Apparently it floated around their system until they "checked it in" in May of 2013. We did not move into this house until almost 2 months following the original installation, and were then overwhelmed with numerous unexpected home repairs and some health issues. Through the clutter of moving and getting settled, I cannot produce proof I returned it in December.  I should have checked my bill sooner, but made the mistake of thinking Verizon would have their act together.  

Verizon does not care about their customers.  They only care about getting every last dollar possible.  The first time I called, a representative gave me the credit for $64.15.   Later, with no notification, some one reversed the credit and rebilled me for $60.01.  Although I attempted to go up the ladder, I doubt that I ever spoke to a manager.  I was basically told, if I could not provide Proof of returning it before May, tough luck.  

Well, Verizon, I'll be on my way to another service as soon as my contract runs out.  You obviously do not care about your customers, and feel $60.01 is more important than keeping a customer.   To the rest of you, be sure you get a Signed Receipt for your returns.   

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello CancelSoon

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

CancelSoon,

We never heard back from you on the issue. If further assistance is needed please open a new thread.

Josh B

0 Likes
CancelSoon

This message has NOT been resolved.  I tried to get to a representative thru this forum, but was UNSUCCESSFUL.    You have my E-Mail.  If you need more information, tell me what it is you need. 

0 Likes