Billing & Credit Report Dispute
SabraH1

I have been trying to get my Verizon nightmare solved since October 2013.  

I called ahead of my medical move to Santa Monica to establish residential home phone service.  My lease did not start until October 1st.  Verizon started service a month early when I wasn't even there.  The building manager let no one in, including me until the start of the lease.  When I called multiple times to complain about the charges for that month I was only given a "discount".  I shouldn't have had to pay anything.  This was clearly a Verizon mistake.

When I had to pay for services I couldn't receive I just decided to cancel the service.

In total I had residential phone service for 5 days ONLY.

My account was on autopay.

After my final bill I received a refund check for overpayment.

My account had a zero balance.

THEN somehow I got a bill for $ 147.00 with a line at the bottom that if I didn't pay it I'd be in COLLECTIONS.

I had an excellent credit rating.  I had NEVER been in collections.

So to avoid that, even though I knew it was wrong,  I paid it.

For 5 days of phone service I PAID A LOT OF MONEY, had and still have LOTS OF AGGRAVATION and STILL they ruined my credit rating by sending me to COLLECTIONS for no reason.  I am on disability and this is impacting my illness.

PLEASE HELP ME AND FIX THIS.                           Sabra Hitchcock

0 Likes
Re: Billing & Credit Report Dispute
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope the breakdown of your bill, provided resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Likes
FFUser

Like many on this forum, we too have a credit report reporting dispute with Verizon for erronously reporting to the credit agencies regarding our former account.  We tried disputing the reporting through the credit agencies to include providing the tracking number and date the equipment was recieved by Verizon, yet Verizon continues to report the account as "being in collection" status.  We don't understand why this continues to be errounously reported.   We've tried to email technical support staff option but this issue does not fit the choice of pull down options so we used the more general "product questons" option.  Since that option also doesn't fit our case, we suspect no action will result from the "Contact us by Email" should you need help option.  Please HELP, by getting us in touch with someone who can help clear the account for the long term and restore the credit report to its proper status..  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FFUser,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

FFUser, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
DAN_K1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure how anyone tried to reach me, but there has NOT been any messages posted in the private messages.  I have been checking everyday based on the moderator's comments above.  As such, the issue is still open and needs to be resolved.  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

FFUser, it is not private messages that you need to check. Please read the instructions carefully.

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
DAN_K1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been uable to find anywhere on the page an area called "my support cases."  I suspect it might be related to the fact we no longer have an active verizon account. Therefore I am unable to proceed through this method

and will try other means to resolve this issue.  Thank you for trying.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes