Billing and plan change
Wsmolen

I called Verizon to try to lower my costs, which were about $236 per month.  I had no contract. The person on the other end told me they could give me the same services plus Starz or Cinemax for $188 per month if I agreed to a 2 year contract.  I then received an email saying my new order summary was for $265.01 per month.  I would think that that is illegal in most states.  I called to cancel and they told me it would be taken care of by August 2 and a representative would call me.  No one did.  I called on August 3 and was left on hold for 1 and 1/2 hours, and then the call was terminated.  I went on line to chat with someone, and he told me not to worry, that by August 8th it would be taken care of.  I can not believe that a large company like Verizon would allow their employees (located overseas) to pull this type stuff.  Don't they care about their reputation or customer loyalty?  I went to a Verizon store today to speak to someone about this and they told me there was no one anywhere I could go speak to, that I had to call someone and that was the only way.  What a terrible way to run a company.

0 Likes
Re: Billing and plan change
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon wireless I kind of a separate entity. Don't ever wait for them to call you back because they never will. But make sure you call soon because I think you only have a 30 day period to cancel if they ultimately don't fix the issue. 

0 Likes
Re: Billing and plan change
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wsmolen,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes