Billing continues after service cancellation - customer advocate needed
f1bonacc1

I canceled my service in March of 2017 and have recently found Verizon was still collecting money from my wife's checking account on auto pay.  Didn't realize because we have multiple verizon accounts (fios/phones,etc) and they are all electronic billing. 

When it was noticed in July of this year, I spoke to customer service and was told that they could stop the service and issue a refund.    In their attempt to stop the old service, Verizon disabled our active internet service at the same address.  It took almost 4 weeks for our internet to come back.

I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort this out and this hasn't been fixed.  Tickets have been opened and closed and while I was getting phone calls from a supervisor, they've stopped without explanation  and I'm out of patience. 

Last week I recieved another past due invoice on the old account (we disabled auto pay and enabled paper billing).  The total overbilled amount is over $1,000 now for cancelled services for which Verizon hasn't provided since March 2017 and for which they haven't stopped billing us.   Yesterday's phone call was a suggestion that I call back and ask to have my account 'scrubbed'.   I am in an endless loop of tech support and customer service. Everytime I call I have to spend 20 minutes trying to explain my situation and ask for a supervisor, and I've been told several different things by different reps.   I've spent far too much time on this -  but now the past due notice has really motivated me to get this fixed ASAP

Is there a customer advocate at Verizon? Is there some other path forward ?

-Frustrated

0 Likes
Re: Billing continues after service cancellation - customer advocate needed
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi f1bonacc1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes