Billing dispute
Siddhartha

I really doubt my decision to go with verizon from comcast. On 17th of July I tried ordering a new connection online but somehow my SSN was not accepted so chatted with the online team and they advised me to call a certain number to get my SSN released. This went on for couple of times finally I was told that I have to order via phone. I did the same and the installation date was set to 22nd of July. Later came to know from a friend of mine that if I order it online I get 100% discount on activation fee which is not the case if you order it over phone. This is something which really tells me that something is wrong.

I again talk to the online agents on 21st of July and they tell me that its true and I will get a 100% discount on activation fee. So I ask them what to do. They tell me to cancel the previous order and place a new order online. I tell them that last time I tried the same and my SSN wasnt accepted. This time the chat agent tells me that he will take care of that and make sure I get the discount. I go ahead and call verizon and ask for cancellation of the order on 21st. I get forwarded to some lady and she blames everything on me after asking lot of questions and tells me that its just $70 activation fee. To which I tell her that why should I pay the extra $70 of activation fee when others are not paying. Even though rudely she finally cancels the order. I make a new order with the help of the online agent and this time everything goes through properly and installtion is scheduled for 28th.

Next day i.e. 22nd I recieve updates regarding installation even though I cancelled the order. The installtion guy reaches my apartment and I tell him that I have already cancelled the order and made a new order. He tells me that he will install the device and nothing will have happen and I will be moved to the new bundle once its active. Next day the device stops working and when I called cutomer care and told the whole story they activated my new order and I was able to use the internet and TV connection. 

Later after 20 or some days I recieve two different bills, one for the inactive cancelled order and one for new active one.

I make the payment for the active one but not the canelled one as it shows bill for 1 day usage and same $70 of activation fee. To my surprice I see that the order was cancelled one day after installation i.e. 23rd of July.

Now even after talking to customer serivce, accounts team and billing department I am helpless and they tell me that I will have to make the payment for the inactive cancelled account as well. The billing department lady was similarly rude as the lady who cancelled my order earlier. Somehow I feel both of them are same person.

Now I am feeling like I have been fooled. Sending the installation guy even though the order was cancelled already was a mistake from Verizon's end and not mine. Asking me to pay for their mistake is totally unfair and unjustified. The pain I went through for getting the discount on activation fee goes in vain.

Thanks for any help that can resolve this issue for me.

0 Likes
Re: Billing dispute
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Siddhartha,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes