Billing dispute
Janie7814
Enthusiast - Level 3

I signed up for Verizon DSL on 3/3, installation set for 3/21, but was put through the wringer and was not actually hooked up and good to go until 4/13. Someone had set my DSL signal to go to my cell phone instead of my home. This was only after I filed a complaint with the FCC and dealt with Verizon executives. Now...I have a bill of $319 for DSL and home phone from 4/13 to now?!? HOW?!? I just got an email stating that I’m scheduled for suspension. I will NOT be paying $319 when my monthly bundle rate is $59.99. No way in hell. I will be contacting the FCC again as this is bull. 

0 Likes
Re: Billing dispute
Janie7814
Enthusiast - Level 3

$319 bill for less than a months service and THIS is the type of service I get. I’m blown away at the audacity. image

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, or contact customer support at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours for questions about billing.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Your photo shows you are on Cricket wireless of which that is the speed from them and not Verizon.

verizon DSL is over copper phone lines, not wireless. In fact it’s usable only with a DSL modem in your home or apartment it does not work over cellular.

i would have Verizon come out and insure it’s hooked through the house phone wiring.

that jpeg is useless to show DSL

0 Likes
Janie7814
Enthusiast - Level 3

What? My phone (from which the jpg file came) is connected to the actual modem/router via DSL Wi-Fi. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Janie7814wrote:

What? My phone (from which the jpg file came) is connected to the actual modem/router via DSL Wi-Fi. 

WiFi is no indication of actual speeds over the copper lines. 

You must have a phone guy come out and test the actual direct connection from the modem to the local office. DSL has a restriction on distance to CO they should check that and the actual telephone (copper lines) for line noise and distance.

verizon like other companies are trying to get customers off the copper and onto fiber optics or wireless services. Fixed wireless etc.

years ago when companies supported the technology it was good. I would check on Fios availability or fixed wireless. 

I would also get a written break down of your invoices to see what you are being charged for. That bill you quote seems high.

0 Likes