Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Billing for discontinued service

begood
Contributor
Contributor

Billing for discontinued service

Message 1 of 2
(2,035 Views)

I recently notified verizon that I am moving so have to discontinue my service and will join the verizon service of the person I am moving in with.  After that notification I had difficulty accessing the internet and email.  Then, about 5 days prior to the d/c date...and I was paid up until the d/c date, I was unable to access either internet or email.  Calls to billing and to tech support were a real challenge...in the switching from one to the other I was mysteriously disconnected, or told that they were not able to accept my call at that time.

Finally a tech support person was able to tell me what happened.  In fact, Verizon had discontinued my access to the internet!! (5 days before I had asked them to)  This gentleman was, however, able to re-instate my email access, but not internet access.

Is this a common occurrence? Does Verizon rebate you for the paid for/unavailable service?  Also...anyone know why credit cards are billed almost 2 weeks before the bill is due???????

Thanks for any insights...

1 REPLY 1
ocean25
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Billing for discontinued service

Message 2 of 2
(1,969 Views)

@begood wrote:

I recently notified verizon that I am moving so have to discontinue my service and will join the verizon service of the person I am moving in with.  After that notification I had difficulty accessing the internet and email.  Then, about 5 days prior to the d/c date...and I was paid up until the d/c date, I was unable to access either internet or email.  Calls to billing and to tech support were a real challenge...in the switching from one to the other I was mysteriously disconnected, or told that they were not able to accept my call at that time.

Finally a tech support person was able to tell me what happened.  In fact, Verizon had discontinued my access to the internet!! (5 days before I had asked them to)  This gentleman was, however, able to re-instate my email access, but not internet access.

Is this a common occurrence? Does Verizon rebate you for the paid for/unavailable service?  Also...anyone know why credit cards are billed almost 2 weeks before the bill is due???????

Thanks for any insights...

I don't know whether you call the toll free Verizon number or somewhere else, but I can't say enough good

words about my local Verizon store (not wireless). They have been able to answer any questions that I've had

and have expedited several requests. I would try calling your local Verizon store. Good luck!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title