Billing issue....not what I was promised
WAMJR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently received a letter to come back to Verizon after leaving them two years ago for Comcast.  They enticed me with a $79.99 bundle package that would be locked in for two years and no contract.  I was also not supposed to have any set up fees due to the ease of the process since I still had the Verizon equipment hooked up from 2 years ago.

Sales person that sold me the package was very friendly and got me through the process without any problems.  That was until I received the bill.  They are charging me a bundle package of $99.99 not the $79.99 that was promised.  They are also charging me 3 equal payments for a set up fee that they promised I wouldn't have.

My first customer call was absolutely useless (she kept saying that the salesperson shouldn't have given that price to me because that was an internet deal) She was telling me this as I was reading the letter to her that said Click or CALL today to get the deal. I then asked for a supervisor and she said that the supervisor was dealing with another customer but would call me back.  Three days went by and no supervisor call (in my world the supervisor should absolutely be fired for that type of LACK of caring) Obviously the Verizon Supervisors live in their own world.

I called again and had another useless conversation with customer service....once again how convenient...no supervisor available.  This time they decided they would bring me down to $89.99....not the $79.99 that I was promised to switch back to Verizon.  They said they would do this for a year.  Are you kidding me I went from $79.99 for two years and no set up fee to 1 year at $89.99 and set up fees.

I would have never left Comcast if I knew I was being lied to.  The worst part of it is no one will help you and stand up and do what is right.  It is like everything goes into a black hole.  Anyone have any suggestions????  Looks like I may be calling Comcast and going back to them since Verizon obviously doesn't care.  Must be great to be a company that doesn't care about its customers.

Re: Billing issue....not what I was promised
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
same_old_tricks
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are NOT the only one.  We have just "come back" to Verizion and were promised EXACTLY as you were,  $84.99 per month (we did add the full speed 25/25 internet for an additional $5.00 per month) with NO contract, NO installation fee, and NO equipment charges....WELL, the first bill is $352.79!

This excessively inflated bill included:

$139.99 for a wireless router, that we did NOT need nor ask for (we already had a universal modem and  wireless network in place), 

$79.99 Fios installation charge (we already had the "box" in the house from a prewious foray into Fios a few years ago, 

$49.99 Internet activation fee, again something we were told would NOT be charged.

We were also told there was NO charge for ANY setop boxes, no matter how many we wanted, but our bill shows only ONE box "free" for 12 months.

Lastly, we were repeatedly promised a $300.00 debit card as a special bonus for "coming back" to Fios....all of this was promised to us by "Kelly"  during more than 45 minutes on the phone confirming every aspect of charges, etc....

Our first phone call to customer service after receiving this overly inflated bill was exactly as you experienced, "No supervisor available" but one will call you back within 24hours,  and here we are weeks later and we still have not been able to talk to a supervisor of any sort. 

Customer service?  Nothing like it that I have ever experienced, except when dealing with Verizon Wireless....

Luckily, we have kept not only the paper that was mailed to us from which we made our first phone call about the "special", but also have printed copies of the email we received CONFIRMING our package, an email which makes NO reference to any additional charges, installation fees, etc.,  all of which may be made available to State authorities should this fraud not be rectified immediately by Verizon

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello same_old_tricks

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
handinpalm
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon moderator really feels for you.  Pay your bill, or you will be harassed by collection agencys,like me.  In fact pay more than you are suppose to, so they do not ruin your credit rating.  Everyone else has bed credit after being a past customer.  Your screwed!  Join my class action law suite.  Email me at {edited for privacy}@gmail.com.  I am going after these money hungry basters.  It is the omly thing they will understand.

Re: Billing issue...Not what I was promised
halyna
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly same thing happened to me. I signed up for a bundle package over the phone for $79.99. When I received my first bill, Verizon was charging me $99.99 instead of $79.99 that was promised. I called the customer services, and was told that the price was $99.99. They also offered me to bring the price down to $89.99. I requested to talk to a supervisor, and was on hold for 40 minutes, when another representative said that her supervisor is busy and will call me back. They never called me back. I wrote an e-mail to Verizon customer support, who replied that according to their records, my inquiry was addressed. I've been Verizon customer for many years, and never had an issue like this. But, I am not the only one who is being lied to...

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Halyna, I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
UnDoUX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem of "bait and switch" here. I currently pay $89.99 for double-play (phone+Internet). Seeing all the ads of Triple-play for the same price, i called and request an upgrade. The representative confirmed with me on the phone that the price will be $89.99. Later I received an email confirmation of the order that shows the price of $99.99. Reading all the horror stories about Verizon services, i called and cancelled the upgrade order. I plan to switch to cable soon. Verizon should provide same deals to new and old customers. Doesn't the business office realize that the cost of acquiring new customers far outweights the effort to keep existing ones?

BTW i've heard countless Verizon customer services horror stories from relatives and friends as well. Good luck everyone!

AAsixsticks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We cannot agree with you more as the same things you mention in your post have happened to us!

CONSUMERS BEWARE OF VERIZON'S DECEPTIVE PRICING TACTICS!!!!!!

UnDoUX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scanning this forum one can't help noticing so many posts about deceptive "bait & switch" tactics by Verizon customer services. It appears that representatives are trained to lie to customers masquerading as simple human mistakes. I think it's about time everyone with similar issues should contact the Better Busisness Bureau or State agencies to report problems.

LET'S STOP VERIZON FROM DECEPTIVE PRACTICES!!!