Billing issue with bundle
bigmistake99
Enthusiast - Level 2

We moved into a new house and I signed up through Verizon's website for their Double Play promo: Verizon phone service and DirecTV service. It says right on the order sheet, month's 1-12 pricing = $86.99. So my DirecTV is installed almost immediately (funny how that works since you only have 3 days to cancel their service) and a few days later the Verizon phone service. The phone service doesn't work. Something about a problem moving the phone number over from my previous provider. Two weeks later I get a text from DirecTV saying my services are no longer bundled with my phone provider and I get a bill from them for $157. This is for 2 months service. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and DirecTV on dozens of phone calls. Finally, FINALLY, a month later Verizon fixes my phone. But now DirecTV has put my account into collections, after 1 month of service!!! I call DirecTV and they are less than helpful and couldn't care less . I call Verizon back, spend hours and hours, get hung up on 3 times, transferred over and over from department to department. Eventually a billing rep recommends that I pay my bill to DirecTV and informs me that my bill for Verizon will be $59.99 plus taxes/fees per month for the first 3 months. Then the "bundle" should go back through. So I am paying about $150 per month instead of the $86.99 which I have proof that I agreed to on Verizon's site. This seems illegal and, at the very least, unethical. All of this is Verizon's fault, yet I am paying the price for it. I am a single Dad raising 3 kids and only signed up for the "bundle" since it was within my budget. But since I am now in a 2 year "agreement" (READ CONTRACT) with DirecTV, I will have to cancel my phone service which the number is tied to my business and has been for 8 years.

In short, DO NOT EVER BUNDLE VERIZON AND DIRECTV!!!! You will have made a huge mistake. You will be scammed. You will be told that there is some "problem" with the package going through and you won;t be getting the price you agreed to and you are now in a contract with another company.

I wonder how the CEOs of these two corporations sleep at night knowing they make their millions of dollars by ripping off hard working Americans.

Re: Billing issue with bundle
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Billing issue with bundle
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

bigmistake99,

We have closed your case out due to you no longer responding. We hope you were able to get your issue resolved through another avenue. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Billing Issue With Bundle
bigmistake99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon closed my case saying I didn't respond in time. Wow, let's try again.

We moved into a new house and I signed up through Verizon's website for their Double Play promo: Verizon phone service and DirecTV service. It says right on the order sheet, month's 1-12 pricing = $86.99. So my DirecTV is installed almost immediately (funny how that works since you only have 3 days to cancel their service) and a few days later the Verizon phone service. The phone service doesn't work. Something about a problem moving the phone number over from my previous provider. Two weeks later I get a text from DirecTV saying my services are no longer bundled with my phone provider and I get a bill from them for $157. This is for 2 months service. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and DirecTV on dozens of phone calls. Finally, FINALLY, a month later Verizon fixes my phone. But now DirecTV has put my account into collections, after 1 month of service!!! I call DirecTV and they are less than helpful and couldn't care less . I call Verizon back, spend hours and hours, get hung up on 3 times, transferred over and over from department to department. Eventually a billing rep recommends that I pay my bill to DirecTV and informs me that my bill for Verizon will be $59.99 plus taxes/fees per month for the first 3 months. Then the "bundle" should go back through. So I am paying about $150 per month instead of the $86.99 which I have proof that I agreed to on Verizon's site. This seems illegal and, at the very least, unethical. All of this is Verizon's fault, yet I am paying the price for it. I am a single Dad raising 3 kids and only signed up for the "bundle" since it was within my budget. But since I am now in a 2 year "agreement" (READ CONTRACT) with DirecTV, I will have to cancel my phone service which the number is tied to my business and has been for 8 years.

In short, DO NOT EVER BUNDLE VERIZON AND DIRECTV!!!! You will have made a huge mistake. You will be scammed. You will be told that there is some "problem" with the package going through and you won;t be getting the price you agreed to and you are now in a contract with another company.

I wonder how the CEOs of these two corporations sleep at night knowing they make their millions of dollars by ripping off hard working Americans.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Issue With Bundle
bigmistake99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a full PDF print out of the order page. How do I attach it to this message?

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case.  Please keep all correspondence in the private support thread.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

bigmistake99,

We have closed your private support case due to you no longer responding. Upon investigation, we found the issue was with some old orders from DTV. Those order have since been clear. You should be able to bundle the accounts now. If you have any other questions, feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes