Billing
RyanMarie24

I had Fios installed May 29th. I had to enroll in autopay in which they allowed me to randomly pick a day. I chose the 24th of each month.  Now on the my Fios app, ot says my first bill is due June 23rd.  Will the bills due date change due to the fact I chose the 24th of each month.  Clearly of the bill is due the 23rd clearly the 24th won't work. Doesn't make sense why I had to choose a date before the first bill was generated... 

0 Likes
Re: Billing
jonjones1
Legend

@RyanMarie24 wrote:

I had Fios installed May 29th. I had to enroll in autopay in which they allowed me to randomly pick a day. I chose the 24th of each month.  Now on the my Fios app, ot says my first bill is due June 23rd.  Will the bills due date change due to the fact I chose the 24th of each month.  Clearly of the bill is due the 23rd clearly the 24th won't work. Doesn't make sense why I had to choose a date before the first bill was generated... 

That is kind of weird. First off I never would use autopay. Cancel it ASAP if you can.

now if your bill closing date is the 23rd. Then paying the bill maybe between the 24th. To the close date of the 23rd. Of the next month. Then all would be well.

now I would look at your advanced estimate invoice and see exactly when the service month starts and ends. If the 24th. Is between those pay dates you are golden.

if not then you could get dinged with a late fee each month.

check your invoice. And only use one time payments not auto pay. Never give any company access to your bank or credit.

0 Likes
RyanMarie24

When I cjatted with a rep they stated autopay is included in the promo and i have to use it. another rep said if i do not use it, I'd be charged and extra $10 a month, which im fine with. So i logged onto my app this morning bc last night i de-enrolled then re-enrolled due to reps giving me two different stories. now it says thank you for your payment acooint is paid in full. I did not authoroze a payment being tje mew date i chose is the 19th. and there is no payment pending on my bank account.  when i go to payment history it says no payments. 

I'm getting frustrated as im a new customer. Only had Fios installed a few days and so many issues....makes me consider going back to direct tv

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@RyanMarie24 wrote:

When I cjatted with a rep they stated autopay is included in the promo and i have to use it. another rep said if i do not use it, I'd be charged and extra $10 a month, which im fine with. So i logged onto my app this morning bc last night i de-enrolled then re-enrolled due to reps giving me two different stories. now it says thank you for your payment acooint is paid in full. I did not authoroze a payment being tje mew date i chose is the 19th. and there is no payment pending on my bank account.  when i go to payment history it says no payments. 

I'm getting frustrated as im a new customer. Only had Fios installed a few days and so many issues....makes me consider going back to direct tv

It takes a few days for your bank to transfer funds. And give you a transfer receipt.

you can still call your bank and have them charge it back.  This is why I said never give any company the auto pay/debit feature. It just gives them unlimited access to your money and credit limits.

you must first determine your bill start and end dates. After this is established you then will be able to do a one time payment from the Fios app or from your online account at http://www.verizon.com under residential 

the payment will will be higher the first time because Verizon bills in advance, adds on install charges, partial months use, and associated taxes and fees.

after the first invoice you will know what the monthly charges are. Then you pay a day or so before the date on the invoice has to be paid.

0 Likes
irritated21
Enthusiast - Level 2

RUN!!!! DON'T LOOK BACK

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@irritated2 wrote:

RUN!!!! DON'T LOOK BACK

No one said you had to choose Fios from Verizon. It’s easy if you don’t like the service, just cancel and get service elsewhere. They are not holding you hostage.

problems arise with every service. It’s only up to you.

0 Likes