Re: Black Friday offer
Amy6187
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had the same thing happen!  I was offered to renew my contract on the Black Friday Deal for $102.99 including my equipment and premium channels.  I have print-outs from every page along the way proving this offer.  After hitting accept to renew the contract (4 months before the prior end date of my existing contract), the price on the next page showed $25 higher a month.

Finally, when I received my confirmation e-mail, it showed $227.38/mo!!!!!  This is outrageous!  There was also no mention of the Amazon Prime or Echo that was part of the offer.  I'm a Verizon Triple Play subscriber and a Verizon Wireless customer.  This is making me reconsider both.

I spent the better part of an hour on chat and 1 hour (on hold) and 47 minutes (with a very unhelpful service representative) on the phone.  The representative refused to escalate the issue after requesting she do so many times and only made offers for much more expensive packages than I was already in a contract for.  This needs to get resolved ASAP.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amy6187,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Dmaru09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I please be contacted as well? I have spent way too many hours today trying to get this same issue resolved with no resolution.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dmaru09,

We will need some details about the issue you are having.

0 Likes
Sq70
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow! Reassuring to know that I am not the only one who was victimized by a Verizon bait and switch.

I only took one or 2 screenshots, but then had my order cancelled after my estimated bill was almost double what I clicked to sign up to-and had that exorbitant price confirmed via chat!!

After trying to contact verizon via chat to deal with the issue I was told I had to call in, when I called in I was told only chat could deal with online promos. After explaining the issue over the phone the rep basically flat out accused me of lying that I was shown a discounted price online when I ordered. Somehow they managed to cancel my pending order over the phone. But I was not able to replace the order in spite of the fact the phone rep told me there would be no problem to replace the order.

Very disturbing experience. Surprising a reputable company treats its customers like this.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sq70,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Dmaru09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem as the original post. Bait and switch. The offer I agreed to was a Black Friday triple play deal for 79.99 (keep my current package). After submitting my offer it increased to $149.99 for the offered package.

After starting 4 different text chats with customer support today, the 4th person was finally able to somewhat help me. All he was able to do was roll back the order I made last night and gave me a phone number to call to try to get the package I was originally offered. After waiting over and hour for a representative to get on the phone, the representative was nothing but unhelpful.

First, after telling her about my issue above, she asked me how much I wanted to spend monthly and then tried to upsell me to an enhanced DVR package. Not quite sure why.

After declining that I repeated that I was trying to claim the 79.99 triple play Black Friday package. That’s when she told me, after putting me on hold a few times, that I didn’t click the right offer on the screen during my order process and must have chosen a higher package. (I did not click on the wrong offer. I have a screenshot of my pre-confirmation page.) After telling her this definitely was not the case - and referencing these very Fios forums - she admitted there must’ve been something that went wrong. That’s when she claimed that I have not been a Fios subscriber for long enough. I have been a paid Fios subscriber for over a year (and a current Verizon wirelesss subscriber for many many more) and if that is the case then why was I presented with this offer? After asking for a manager she put me on hold

and told me that she was unable to find an available supervisor. She asked

if there was anything else that she could do and I asked her to let me

tall to a manager. After much hesitation she told me she would have one call me back in a half hour, after asking me for my phone number which seemed strange because you already had that info.

After twenty minutes passed, the same customer service representative called me back and said that her manager still was not available but that he told her what to do. She acted like she had a great deal for me and had it all figured out. This got my hopes up, but I ended up shocked. She offered to keep my price the same as it currently is but to DOWNGRADE my internet from Gigabit down to 150 Mbps instead. Overall this experience has been completely unacceptable, but that part was really the cherry on top. When I first got this offer from Verizon I was pretty happy to continue my service with Verizon, but this experience has really left a poor taste in my mouth with no resolution in sight. I’ve been trying to get this resolved since lunchtime today.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dmaru09,

0 Likes
wuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

wow, unbeleiveable that this is happening with something that was so publicly advertised in advance. Just spent two hours trying to do the same as all of you. Ended up with a final offer of $114.99/mo when my offer STILL says $99.99 on the website. On top of that, their "free" upgrade to the next internet speed bracket comes with a $99.99 fee!. I would be going from 75 to 100mbps, there is no new equipment needed. Just adjustments on Verizon's end. Couldnt even get them to waive that fee to keep a loyal customer (going back to my last address I've been using verizon since 2002). I'm a triple play and a wireless customer that got treated like I mean nothing to them, which I probably don't but that doesn't mean I have to take it from a greedy industry.

JoeG21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same thing happen.  Chat went nowhere, multiple calls were a complete waste.  I dont understand how it sits in the cart at 99.99 plus all the extras/fee etc. and then shows up at 144.99 when I ordered.  This is literally a bait and switch and is pretty absurd.  I need this to be solved or I am done with VZ