Re: Black Friday offer
Dmaru09
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the person on the chat said they can do nothing for me.  They told me to call into the support line who I already wasted two hours talking to, and all they did was try to upsell me.  This is 100% absolutely ridiculous and your organization should be ashamed of themselves.  I have asked to speak to a supervisor both in text chat and over the phone, and I have been denied every time.  My bill is currently $60+ more than I ever AGREED to pay, which is beyond comprehension.  If this issue is not resolved timely, I will certainly be cancelling my account; both wireless and fios.

0 Likes
buffs92

HORRIBLE!. I signed up for the deal on Saturday.  No confirm email.  Tech never showed up on Sunday when supposed to. I chatted with "Frank" on Sunday who "assured" me the order was placed and that a Tech was not needed.  Now, I get an email stating my order was placed yesterday (Tuesday) for $169.99 per month. It was supposed to be $123.99.  Been chatting now for 30 minutes and been told basically that I am a liar...

0 Likes
wuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, and check your bill for that $99.99 fee for the tech that was "not needed". This is the fee I could not get them to wave due to the "required" tech visit. My speed is increasing 25mbps and they have done this before remotely. Complete money grab and to do it under the guise of black friday deals / thanks for being such great customers...ridiculous.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi buffs92,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Sq70
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is amazing how much time and energy verizon will waste at the expense of customer good will. It seems like it would be much less expensive for Verizon if they just acted somewhat honorably.

Today verizon called me and asked why I cancelled my recent order, and offered to help me "replace" it at a new even higher price, as they "could no longer offer black Friday promotional pricing."

0 Likes
LJohn58
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, that is the latest for me. Supposedly my new plan was cancelled when I called into customer support on Black Friday. I never received notification that it was cancelled. I have been on chat and phone with support multiple times since Friday. And, yes, I'm told that the Black Friday deals have expired and can not be honored. I have ordered an Xfinity install kit, as soon as I get it in, I will be cancelling Verizon. Not because I really wanted to, but because of this whole experience.

I waited the month of November for this deal, just to give Verizon a chance to offer me a better price than I am currently paying. I will save more than $50 a month going with Xfinity right now. The internet is a little slower, but I can deal with that. Like I said, I didn't want to leave Verizon. But I also want to pay less per month than I am paying now at the end of the contract, else I wouldn't have clicked on the Black Friday deal.

0 Likes
Subielover
Enthusiast - Level 3

They won't cancel my order or put my pricing back to the way it was. I couldn't cancel on black Friday because it said they were closed when I called. So now I'm in a new 2 year contract at $80 more per month than I was paying before. Chat gave me a # that's supposedly the escalation team but I don't expect much at this point. 

0 Likes
JoeG21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chat both said the deal was for new customers only, and that the deal I had was only for a different package (so I am both confused and lying?).  It is pretty sad what is happening and I look forward to leaving and reporting this.

0 Likes
wuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, online chat also tried to tell me it was for new customers only. Funny that the message on my homepage said the deal was to thank us for being loyal customers, right? I got "escalated" as well, but after one response of the same crap, you get nothing.

0 Likes
Black Friday offer
ronginnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

On (Black) Friday, I signed up for Verizon's customer appreciation offer. The cart showed: $146.99 / Month for Verizon Triple Play ($79.99 - 1Gbs Connection, Preferred TV HD, Phone) + TV Services ($67.00 - DVR, 2 Set Top Boxes, HBO, Showtime).

An hour later, I received a confirmation email for my order and to my surprise, the order showed $159.99 for the same Triple Play Offer. Rather than my bill decreasing by a few dollars, my bill increased by almost $70/month and I now have a 2 year agreement with a $350 ETF.

I immediately called Verizon and have been on the phone trying to resolve this issue for 4 days now. The first representative opened an internal ticket to fix my problem. I learned today that this ticket has been "rejected". I called again today and spent more than 2 hours on the phone with the agent. Finally she escalated to her manager, who opened another ticket with the next level team - again to fix my problem. I was told to check back in 3-5 days to learn if they will address my issue.

Any suggestions on how to get this resolved?

Anybody else have this problem with the Black Friday Offer?