Re: Black Friday offer
SoUpset
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: 

I am just letting you guys know  -- a representative called me yesterday. I could tell she knew nothing about this situation. People who have been scammed by this -- Verizon reps are still trying to say this is right. The person who called is supposed to call me back and so called "review" my situation. I was talking to her -- until I realized she hadn't a clue -- and was trying to run the same story on me as another escalation representative. Yes, keep contacting the BBB, because this is unethical -- AND FILE your complaint!!! Verizon will try to "strong arm" you into accepting their advertising misrepresentation. It's not acceptable. Not by the least, and the people at the organization who we've talked to -- a lot of them haven't a clue about how this Black Friday deal was promoted. Keep that in mind if they call you!  They are saying on this forum -- how they are going to help us. I am not so sure about that...

needcoffee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, they're not going to help. I have had the same response from them, and I also refuse to accept it. I'm waiting for a call back from "a manager" either Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime I've submitted a BBB complaint and have also filled out the paperwork to file a complaint with my State's Attorney General; I believe Verizon's actions to be fraudulent and am going to react accordingly.

needcoffee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My suggestion is that we take the conversation to twitter with #verizonbaitandswitch hashtag.

Conner2361
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck and dont give up . The attorney general is an excellent idea.

Sq70
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the estimated resolution date? I have still not been contacted by Verizon, other than to tell me that my posts here have been removed.

jared14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I chatted with an agent last Monday.  He told me I would have an updated price by last Friday.  I have not heard back and just got my statement for this month which is higher then last months (not the black Friday deal). I told the agent I would not be paying the bill until this is resolved, he said he noted it on my account.

SoUpset
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the updates, everyone. 

Verizon, are you going to make this right???

WE ARE STILL HERE.

Subielover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still waiting too. Someone was supposed to follow up with me today to let me know my account was updated, but so far it still hasn't been.

0 Likes
jared14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told a fix would have occurred last week but it never did, the agent told me not to make a payment until this is resolved thankfully.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@jared1 wrote:

I was told a fix would have occurred last week but it never did, the agent told me not to make a payment until this is resolved thankfully.

Be very careful with the advice of “don’t make a payment “ if you claim the agent stated this Verizon will deny it. If you don’t make a payment it may be placed as a negative on your credit file. Seven years of hell will ensue. Or huge hassle to get it removed.

i would look at the fair debt collection practices act (google it) and follow the guidelines.

0 Likes