Bundle package bait and switch dispute
Carolbundle51

I am currently waiting for someone with authority to credit our account/provide us with an HD set top box which was to be included with our agreement. We purchased the Preferred HD package per the advise of the Verizon salespersonon Sunday 3/18/17.  As of today, we are only receiving the portion of the package deal that is not HD. Verizon is refusing to send us the HD box without an additional rental fee. This was discovered on Tuesday-3/21 when we called/chatted- Verizon to find out what happened. We were told that the only way to get the preferred deal that we agreed to was to ALSO rent the HD box at an additional $13.00 month.

The salesperson who sold us the package on Sunday was told that we were looking to REDUCE our current cost or obtain more services for the same amount as we were currently paying or we would take the competitors offer.

She provided the package information AND also told us were had the right equipment.

I have no idea what a set top box is or what we have- IT is not on our paper bill which we receive every month. I do know we were NOT an HD subscriber and I do know that we receive local HD channels for free from an antena and that Verizon acually blocks my access while I am connected to cable.

This action by Verizon and by there customer service to date, has provided information stating they made a mistake but there is nothing they can do.

I think they can do what ever they want. I think Verizon IS responsible for giving me what is in my contract. Verizon needs to stop making this my problem. I DID not quote the product and sell the service. I just made a call. Verizon has not delivered what I am paying for. Should I be calling my State Attorney General? It is becoming apparent that this is a Bait and Switch deal.

We have spent 6 hours on this issue. We can obtain the dialogue of the conversation that took place during the sale on Sunday. We have requested that Verizon review the telephon sale dialoge  to see that we are not crazy-but  and that we were getting 255 channels including HD for the contracted price. This was agreed upon with an email confirmation also..

0 Likes
Re: Bundle package bait and switch dispute
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carolbundle51,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes