Bye Bye Verizon
carrief77
Enthusiast - Level 2

68% of customers leave companies because of bad customer service and I am now one of those people.

I have blogged, spoke with customer service then blogged again and still nothing has been resolved. I am tired of being scammed. At this point, I don't care how great Fios is, Verizon's Customer Service is the worst I've had to deal with. The drama I have with Verizon is to long to type but here is a quick blurb. I signed a 2 year contract for a set price. Over a year later, my monthly bill keeps going up and up. Verizon tried to tell me that even though I signed a two year contract, my bill is allowed to go up.  

I switched from Time Warner for a cheaper monthly bill, I stayed because of the quality BUT now, Im done. My monthly bill is unaffordable and it is not what I agreed to in my contract.

Apparently, Verizon is not in the business to make their customers happy BUT I know Time Warner is.

Bye Bye Verizon Fios!

0 Likes
Re: Bye Bye Verizon
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I feel your pain.

A few months ago my bill went up too, as a result of a $4 increase in STB rental rates well within my 2yr contract.

I had received a bill insert stating that the STB rental rates would go up $2/mo except for people under contract, so I ignored it. I had thought I had signed a 2yr contract with a guaranteed rate, however Verizon claims the guarantee is only for the service, not the equipment.

You may have noticed the difference between the $4 increase and the $2 bill insert  statement in my tale.  Verizon explained that my old STB rental rate was "discounted"  by $2 and that the $2 increase was to the standard rate and now I was being charged the new, higher standard rate.  I should have recorded their explanation as it was worthy of a politician explaining a flip-flop.

I was able to get a discount for $4/STB applied to by bill for a few months by using polite persistence and calling back when they hung up on me.  It took close to an hour, but I got something from them.

It will be interesting to see what I get do when I approach my two year contract expiration.  Given my previous experience, I'm expecting an "interesting" dialog.

For technical support, I've had good experiences with Verizon.  I see posts here with very sad stories; I'd like to think these are the exception rather than the rule, but perhapes not.

FiOS really is a great product when it works and when contracts are reasonable.  However I don't think it will get better given the bottom dollar attitude of modern consumers combined with the profit maximization of modern corporations.  In my opinion, Verizon is little different than any other large communications company.  I used to have Comcast, and I can say they are similar to Verizon.  I hope your experience with Time Warner is better for you!

Good Luck!

carrief77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried being nice, I've tried calling several times. I've asked to speak with supervisors and still nothing.

It sucks that your bill went up but Im not talking about $4- Im talking about a total bill of $87 to $93 to $97 to $117 when I have a two contract for $85 (all prices mentioned included taxes and fees).

Its unacceptable whether its $4 or $117, you are quoted a price, you sign a two year agreement based on that price. They should not be allowed to change it when ever they want.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was $4 per STB.  No increase on my DVR, as I got "DVR for life" when I signed up.  (Any bets that "life" means until the next time I negotiate a contract?)

Regardless of amount, I absolutely agree with you that Verizon needs to honor it's contracts.  Stuff like what I went through and what you're dealing with are just plain dumb ways to **bleep** off customers and generate ill will.  Verizon doesn't seem to care, though.

I had similar issues with Verizon in the DSL days.  But then again, I had switched to Verizon DSL from Comcast because Comcast pulled the similar stunts.

Unfortunately, it seems like the best way to manage this is to switch back and forth every few years.  That's one of the reasons I have my own email outside of whoever I get my internet service from.

Anyway, good luck where ever you end up!

0 Likes
dodhank

I can't help contributing to postings about service, support, and the vaunted FIOS.  When I first got the FIOS installed, it was hailed as the next coming.  I made the mistake of walking down to get the mail as the tech installed the wiring, only to return to find that it had been stapled right down the middle of my wall.  I questioned the tech and he said that this was the way it was done.  I told him to remove it and, because I had already installed my computer and needed to work, I used my Samsung Jetpak also through Verizon and it blazed the pants off of FIOS.  It probably carries data six times faster than FIOS at a fraction of the cost.  One has to admit that Verizon has the best coverage by far.  However, I wait for the day that someone comes along anywhere near as good and there will be another BYE BYE Verizon.  I've been a customer since they began as Pactel Cellular and my first phone I had installed in a new 1984 Cad. Eldorado for $7,000.  my monthly bill approached $20,000 and I was treated like a king.  Now they are fluent in Yogi Berra talk.  Take care and try the Jetpack.

HBR

0 Likes