CHARGED FOR EQUIPMENT I DON'T HAVE AND SENT TO COLLECTIONS!!!
overcharged40

I canceled my FIOS service over a year ago.  During a credit check while appying to purchase a home it was discovered Verizon had reported me to collections for an unpaid bill.  I had never once received any communication from them about a balance or any amount owed after the service was stopped.  I found the acccount was turned over to collections.

I wrote the collection agency and asked to see the bill in question.  It was over $1700 and included numerous pieces of eqiupment that had been returned along with a final bill I had never received.  I wrote a letter of dispute and when I checked on the status several weeks later the collection agency informed me Verizon had pulled the account and given it to another agency- again I still had not received any bills or letters.

I called Verizon and they admitted they had no record of ever attempting to reach me but according to the records I had equipment and an oustanding bill totaling over $1700 and it would need to be paid.  They refused to even consider removing it from my credit report even if some portion was paid.

I am not sure what to do, the equipment was returned so long ago I obviously have no records. I had no idea there was a final bill because Verizon even admitted they never sent one.  I need this removed from my credit to complete the purchase of my home. 

I have started a complaint process with the CFPB but need this done faster.  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: CHARGED FOR EQUIPMENT I DON'T HAVE AND SENT TO COLLECTIONS!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi overcharged40,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes