CHARGING FOR FLEX VIEW MOVIES WITHOUT ORDERING
RICKDISAPPOINTD
Enthusiast - Level 1

SUPPORT STILL IS UNABLE TO TELL ME WHY MOVIES ARE BEING CHARGED TO MY ACCT AND WE DO NOT RENT THEM...ALSO, SANDRA SAID THAT THE FLEX VIEW HAS TO BE ORDERED FROM MY COMPUTER BUT SHE SHOWS NOT 1 MOVIE BEING ORDERED FROM THE COMPUTER...SO THE SOLUTION SEEMS TO BE TO MAKE IT SO A MOVIE CAN'T BE ORDERED FROM THE COMPUTER OR THE TV...SINCE THEY DON'T KNOW NOT HOW IT IS HAPPENING.  I WAS THEN TOLD BY ADAM  OF TUSCON CALL STATION THAT HE WAS TOLD BY A SUPV TO GIVE ME A 1 MONTH CREDIT FOR THE LAST 2 MOVIES.  I ASKED TO BE PASSED TO THE SUPV AND WAS TOLD THAT IF HE DID THAT, THAT I WOULD PROBABLY LOSE MY CREDIT.  I SPOKE TO THE SUPV  LUIS ALSO FROM TUSCON AZ CALL CENTER.  I WAS WANTING A CREDIT FOR ALL THE MOVIES THAT HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO MY ACCT.  HE SAID IT COULD NOT BE DONE.  I SAID I WAS ALREADY GIVEN A CREDIT FOR THE LAST MONTH AND HE SAID THAT IF THAT WERE THE CASE THAT IT WOULD BE INVALID AND WOULD NOT TAKE PLACE.  SO BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIGURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS I AM TO PAY FOR IT.  THERE SEEMS TO BE APPROX $50+ IN CHARGES.  LUIS SAID THAT HE IS ALSO IN CHARGE OF RETENTION AND COULD CANCEL THE ACCT IF I SO WISHED.  GOING INTO A DEPRESSION AND YOUR EMPLOYEE DOESN'T MIND LOSING ANOTHER APPROX $200/MONTH CUSTOMER THAT YOU HAVE HAD FROM THE BEGINING OF YOUR FIBER OPTIC SERVICE IN KELLER, TX.  EMPLOYEE NBRS AVAIL IF NEEDED. SANDRA FROM THE DALLAS CALL CENTER WAS VERY EFFICIENT AND POLITE...

Re: CHARGING FOR FLEX VIEW MOVIES WITHOUT ORDERING
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RICKDISAPPOINTD

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elizabeth,

In light of all the complaints in this forum about erroneous movie charges how can you defend Verizon's behavior?  Charging for services that were never ordered, then claiming that the charges cannot be reversed, is fraud - plain and simple.  Verizon is risking more than losing customers, it is risking criminal prosecution.  Why is Verizon so indifferent to its customers' complaints? 

0 Likes
ATTFan1
So true, Verizon gives horrid service and careless with customers.
0 Likes
ATTFan1
I called Verizon to get a password so I could pay my bill online, they told me to call back tomorrow. The dept was closed.
A couple days later, I got an email from Verizon with their "how to" manual attached, the email basically instructed me to read their long **bleep** manual and help myself next time... **bleep**
FYI: I dont work for you, Verizon, it is your duty to provide customers with assistance, NOT our duty to read your self help manual.
0 Likes
Shmad131

I am writing to dispute an erroneous pay-per-view billing charge of $54.99 (the title of the alleged pay-per-view show is “WWE BATTLEGROUND HD”). I have already tried to dispute this charge over the telephone, and after spending 3 hours explaining my situation to multiple Verizon customer service representatives and supervisors, I was told that my only option to appeal this case further is to submit a letter in writing to Verizon’s general mailing address.

My husband and I are the only two members living in our household that have access to the FIOS box; and we attest that we did not purchase nor watch the pay-per-view show as accused by Verizon. We have been loyal Verizon customers for a long time (Verizon Wireless customer since 2002), and we have always maintained our account in good standing (paid full balance on time, every month). Furthermore, our pay-per-view account history will prove that we have never purchased a pay-per-view show, so it seems absurd that we would suddenly purchase a wrestling show that costs $54.99!

Verizon customer service representatives repeatedly informed me that the data indicates that we “watched” the pay-per-view show; however we believe that we are being wrongfully accused of purchasing/watching this show, and we are being charged for a service that we did not order.

I believe that it is Verizon’s customer service obligation to accept my appeal to remove this incorrect billing charge in good faith, and thereby issue a full refund for the applicable charges. As a loyal customer, I am very distraught that I had to spend 3 hours of my time defending myself to Verizon’s customer service staff. I am very frustrated and distressed by the fact that Verizon’s staff has essentially accused me of being dishonest and making a fraudulent claim. This sort of poor customer service by such a reputable business is simply unacceptable. For a company that generates over $120 billion in revenue, refunding a customer a mere $55 should not be an issue in the interest of retaining customer satisfaction. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Shmad131,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Shmad131,

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes