COMPLAINT TO THE BBB
ccad17

Since I am filing this complaint to the BBB I thought I should also post it here for everyone to see. 

I moved into a new apartment in October and thought switching to Fios would have been the best decesion I've ever made. I only wish that came true. My experience with Verizon the past few months has caused me more stress than my day job. For the entire month of October the service was not working properly (major pixilation issues with the on demand service which I use daily). So I had called and waited on hold many times only to have phone technicians tell me to reboot the system and let them "send signals"... none of this worked. Finally they sent a technician out (which caused me to have to wait inside for an entire Saturday (one of my only two days off) waiting for them to arrive and then watching him walk around in my apartment looking at wires and making sure things are "plugged in properly". He was never able to fix the issue. A week later another technician came out and did the same thing, he was able to fix the problem but later tha night the problem came back. Finally another week later they fixed the problem!!!! It took a month but finally I have working cable and on demand services! 

At this point I will admit, as frustrated as I am, I like the Fios service now that it's working. It's not perfect, but it is better than cable. But here's where I get mad. I received a bill for over $180 for the month of October! That's right, they want me to pay for a month where not only was the service not working, but I was entirely inconvenienced and stressed in order to finally resolve the issue. This became my part time job for an entire month trying to get this fixed. I called the technician since he left me his business card and he said just call the billing department and they will credit me back for the month since it wasn't working. So this seemed easy enough except when I called the lady was extremely rude over the (after waiting on hold for 15+ minutes) and she told me since I had called the technician back out so many times to my apartment and was calling him via his cell phone (which I was told to do) they now have no records of him coming out so many times and that she would only be willing to credit me for 4 days of the service instead of the 30 days it wasn't working!

I have since called multiple people and asked to speak with supervisors, I have been told many times someone will contact me immediately to help resolve the issue and it's now 2 weeks since I was told that and still no one has reached out to me and my account has no been credited and I was now billed for my second month (which out of good faith I paid in full since the service was working for the second month) but the bill still reflects my past due payment from October and they have sent threatening emails saying that my services are scheduled to be shut off due to pasy due payments. 

I have given up trying to contact Verizon about this issue and will be taking my words straight to the Better Business Bureau. Writing this here is my final efforts and if Verizon has any desire to resolve this issue for me they can contact me prior to the end of day Monday at which point I am going to file my complaint with the BBB. 

I think I am a very patient and reasonable person, but this experience is ridiculous and no customer should ever have to experience this, especially when Verizon comes into the market saying how much better they are than cable... even though cable is not amazing, I've never had an issue like this with them in my entire life. 

Regards, 

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT TO THE BBB
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT TO THE BBB
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ccad17,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you still need help with your On Demand or ever need help with anything else let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes