COMPLAINT!!
brundi1

My service contract was nearing the end and i called to re up my service.  I upgraded my internet to the new high speed internet and the rep checked everything and told me i was good with my current hardware and wouldnt need to upgrade any thing (router etc).  well low and behold my service SUCKED. some days our tv and internet wont even work. so i called to see what the deal was.  welp now i need to spend 150 dollars on a new and improved route in order for my services to really work.  i called to request they comp me a router or let me out of my contract since i would not have upgraded the service knowing its another 150 dollars id have to spend.  Nope, i also requested for my original plan back....nope gonna coast to much.  HOW IS IT THAT YOU CAN TELL A CUSTOMER HES GOOD TO GO KNOWING HES NOT THEN SCREW THEM INTO SPENDING MORE MONEY ON YOUR PRODUCT.  absolutly will vow to never recommend verizon to anyone.  horrible horrible horrible. you got me for a year untill i PCS then youll never have me again

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT!!
jonjones1
Legend

I would assume Verizon told you the price of the FiOS Quantum Gateway Router G1100?

you could buy it outright but they also offer it for $10 a month in rental. In September that fee will increase as I have been reading. I believe $13 

you can also purchase your own router if you have internet only, but I don’t think you have just internet so you may as well have Verizon send you a new router and rent it.

you will pay more in the long run but it should give you an idea as to improvements.

0 Likes
brundi1

Oh im fully aware of what i could do. And verizon was sure to tell me about how i can buy their router or rent it. The point is had i known this i wouldnt of upgraded.  Customer service was a joke when dealing with it to. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't say what speed you upgraded to.  For speeds less than 100 mbps you definitely don't need an upgrade.  For speeds of 100 mbps and using Verizon brand routers, you should have one of the last two models actiontec (the rev g or rev I) or the QUantum Gateway (Greenwave).  For these you need to have them shift your connection to ethernet wiring from your ONT to Router for your Internet connection.

Lots of us switched to or added are own router to get better Wifi speeds and other features.

0 Likes