Can't access account online
dgirl1

I receive my bill alerts via email and don't have record of my Fios account number. My security question was set relating to my spouse (of which I have none) and now I can't access my account to pay bills. I'm using the same computer to pay my Verizon bill that I've been using for two years so I don't know why a security question was required (says it's because my computer isn't registered). I'm assuming it's a new security measure set up by Verizon but now I'm afraid I'll have a late payment on my record if this doesn't get resolved. What to do??

0 Likes
Re: Can't access account online
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dgirl,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
monty110

I've been having the same problem since Tuesday. I log in to my account to watch Verizon online DAILY and all of a sudden it says that I'm locked out of my account. My security question is about a spouse, which I don't have one (and never had). I was just on the phone with customer service for 20 minutes and they said without the answer to the question they can't validate my account. I have a home phone (that's not connected) so I have that number but can't check the messages since an actual phone doesn't exist. Customer Service said my username didn't trigger anything and neither did my cell number which should be my contact number. I also don't have access to my account number because I do paperless. It's been very frustrating and at the end of the call they told me there was nothing they can do. Luckily I do automatic payment so I don't have to worry about being late on my bill but being permanently locked out of my account is frustrating.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello monty110

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
dgirl1

Understood and can do that but part of posting was to see whether other customers were having similiar issues. Since I too have security questions set up regarding spouse (of which I have none) I'm beginning to think this issue may have been caused by Verizon.

0 Likes
dgirl1

I have been routed through the worst IVR system ever for the last 10 minutes. and then hung up on. Please contact me on my mobile (listed on my account) TODAY to get my account access straightened out. For such a large organization I expect a better customer experience.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its not common.

However I did hear of one case caused by their recent switch to use Verizon Wireless for logons.  A Verizon residential user was using the same userid as a different user using Verizon Wireless.  No problem until the switchover.

The support people should be able to get back to you using one of the other methods to reach you, Email, phone, etc.  to help you. 

Didn't you happen to try responding to the prompt with a blank answer.  I haven't see this on Verizon, but other online systems sometimes ask you a default question, when in fact you have not yet selected a question and answer. 

0 Likes