Can't change services online and bad experiences with Customer Service.
FX2k11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a FiOS customer for quite a few years, every year something seems to go wrong and I have bad experiences with their customer service department.  Sometimes I feel they are so big that different entities within Verizon cannot communicate with each other clearly to take care of the customer.  Does anyone have the number to the executive line? 

My latest issue has been going on for months, I cannot change my services online.  CSR does not know what the issue is, they transferred me to the eweb division and was informed they would contact me by e-mail within a few days.  The e-mail never came and Verizon FiOS calls me every few days to find out from me if their eweb division has fixed the problem.  They have not.  

They then cold transfer me to a rep within eWeb who explains resolving an issue in that department can take up to 30 business days.  That sounds like I should expect a fix within 6 weeks with no updates while FiOS is calling me to check on another departments status.  I have promos expiring soon and I'd hate to contact CSR to modify something or review my options.. that usually results in further headaches and things getting changed accidently on my FiOS package.  

Has anyone here had any success in resolving this issue?  I've found multiple threads on these forums where online reps intervene and tell users they will be contacted by someone for this exact issue...  I'm not sure what happens beyond that.  I posted on one of the threads but no one contacted me through here.  I even gave Verizon something to go off of... When I click the manage services button it begins to transfer me to that portal and pull my information (keep in mind I'm already logged into the actual website, I can also make payments just fine) eventually on the error page if I glance at the URL it says ?Message=CSRRecordMismatch.  FiOS CSR looked at my account data and said it appeared accurate, I was then sent over to the eweb department.  I'm guess they have some form of SQL/Database error??  

Verzion for bait and switch!
Zblaze
Enthusiast - Level 2

If anyone else has had this happen to them then please join in. I'm taking this to social media sites  I renewed my bundle online and was given up to $25 in monthly credits. The next morning I realized I had selected the wrong tv package and called customer service. WasTOLD I can make the change and keep everything. Now 4 months later after I'm told that since I CALLED in to make a change I no longer get the discounts that was given to me on line. I spoke with a manager and she said the same thing. I told her I wanted the tapes pulled of my conversation with their rep stating that I would be entitled to the discounts which made up my two year agreement. All I got was the run around and told that since the call was not in her office that I would have to write Verizon. So tired of Verizon's crap. Had I know that I would lose these credits by actually "Talking" with a person I would have canceled right then and there. This error of omission on Verizon part is costing me $240 for the life of the contract and I want out!  Any customers that have had this happen to them please join in.  Btw at no time was it ever communicated to me that by talking to a rep that I would lose all discounts.

Re: Looking to file a class action suit against Verzion for bait and switch!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello FX2k1

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Looking to file a class action suit against Verzion for bait and switch!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Zblaze

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verzion for bait and switch!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Zblaze,

We are closing your case due to no response. We were unable to reapply the credits after you changed your TV package. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any further comments, questions, or concerns in the public thread.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
Re: Can't change services online and bad experience​s with Customer Service.
FX2k11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone tried to call me once while I was at work, I received no other follow up communication.  I am at work from 6am - 4pm M-F pacific time.

0 Likes
FX2k11
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's now 9/12/2013 and the feature is still broken.  I've also had some promos expire and can't cancel them online.. so they increased in cost resulting in a higher bill.  I'm left with calling customer service.. online chat could not modify the package for me.  Meaning I'll have to spend yet another hour on the phone to simply modify my services, here's to hoping they don't mess up my bill.

After my contract is over I think i'll just keep the internet service and cancel everything else including my cell phone with verizon.  Customer Service is unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't change services online and bad experiences with Customer Service.
FX2k11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update, called billing and it took about 25 minutes to modify my services over the phone.  I was then transferred to the eCentral division for a status update on my trouble ticket.  I was told by the girl who answered (she sounded lost on the matter) that they do not have the capability to look up the status of the ticket, further I was told it sometimes takes 30 days but sometimes can take longer and they had now way to obtain update.

She then wanted to transfer me BACK to FiOS technical support, I asked for her supvisor.   The person that answered said they were the Floor Supervisor named Ceasel and gave me his employee ID number on request.  He then stated I could call tomorrow (Saturday) before 4pm central time to obtain an update.  I will attempt to do so tomorrow.

If this fails I will write (not e-mail)  a member of Verizon's executive team with read receipt.  If nothing is done I will then cancel my Verizon Wireless immediately as I'm off contract and my FiOS services on June 2014 when the contract is over.

Frustrated.

0 Likes
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

My empathy towards you. A couple of verizon tried to sell a product to me, but I am scared of adding anything, because I am scared of any mistake they may make to cause unnecessary headaches.

0 Likes
Re: Can't change services online and bad experiences with Customer Service.
FX2k11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called and talked to {edited for privacy}.  She told me there's no way to look up my ticket today and that Ceasel must have made a mistake because there's no one there on the weekend that can look up tickets.  Even though I told Ceasel (the floor supervisor) that it would be SATURDAY and asked if he was sure someone can look it up.. he said yes.

Guess he was wrong, do you see a pattern here?  Lost another 1/2 hour.

0 Likes