Can't escape from this Verizon Nightmare
beccaEbaker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to get a billing issued resolved, it's been a year and I can't get this accomplished!. My issue started when I moved, I was trying to establish service at my new residence. Verizon had 3 different orders going and each  time I called to fix they would initiate another order then it turns out they turned on the service on the wrong apartment. After the 2nd order I told them to please cancel I was just going to go to Time Warner for my service, they told me they would however it couldn't be done until the end of the month...ummm that's ridiculous but ok. I was assured it would be taken care of. I won't go into all of the details but of course it was not taken care of, I have called Verizon 13 times and every time I was told oh yes your account has been credited back and is at a zero balance and will close at the end of the month....13 times I was told this...and no it did not close! I have written 3 letters, I have called the Corporate office trying to get assistance....NO ONE HAS GOTTEN THIS TAKEN CARE OF. To top it all off I happen to look at my credit report and I have an Adverse Account FROM VERIZON FOR NON PAYMENT!!!! I am furious, I never received their service and the incompentence of this company is astounding!!!! I don't even know how to get this resolved and I hate that it's on my credit report, I have great credit and this is unacceptable. This has been going on since July of 2013!

0 Likes
Re: Can't escape from this Verizon Nightmare
jp8899
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because they operate as a monopoly, in collusion with other service providers, there is no incentive for them to fix your problem.  Nothing will happen to them if they don't, and they just hope you will send them money so they will go away.  I would suggest you contact your state attorney general and file formal complaints.

If you are diligent and have documentation of your troubles, file a notice of dispute with Verizon and copy your attorney general's office.

http://www.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/90441AD2-595E-41E8-938E-BBBA785A19C7/0/VZ_Notice_of_...

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could help resolve your issue, beccaEbaker!

Let us know if you need anything else.

Best,

Art

0 Likes