Can't pay Verizon FiOS bill with Gift Card Received as a Promotion to Pay it!
PMals
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to know why I cannot pay my Verizon FiOS bill with the promotion gift card that I received and was told I would be able to pay it with. Why would I get a gift card that can't be applied to my bill? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Can't pay Verizon FiOS bill with Gift Card Received as a Promotion to Pay it!
jonjones1
Legend

@PMals wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to know why I cannot pay my Verizon FiOS bill with the promotion gift card that I received and was told I would be able to pay it with. Why would I get a gift card that can't be applied to my bill? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

There are two things you didn’t do. First was to fully read the particulars of the promotion. The promotion was for a Verizon Wireless gift card. And secondly the promotion was to benefit Verizon via having a person without wireless get the service via applying the gift card, or by having Verizon Wireless customers have a means to pay their bill, buy accessories or put the amount towards a new device.

However many customers did not read that it was for wireless or the sales droid lied to the customer to effect the sale. If you know a person with Verizon Wireless then sell it to them to use. Then you take that moola to use on Fios 

it is is a win-win for Verizon and you.

Re: Can't pay Verizon FiOS bill with Gift Card Received as a Promotion to Pay it!
Gamedog

What bull**bleep** is this! If you have any card from Verizon you should be able to use it for any bill! Verizon has your money or the persons money that bought the card! Verizon is a joke!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Gamedog wrote:

What bull**bleep** is this! If you have any card from Verizon you should be able to use it for any bill! Verizon has your money or the persons money that bought the card! Verizon is a joke!

What you have to do first is READ THE OFFER if it states a Verizon Wireless gift card for getting a new fios service, it means just that. A wireless gift card. Its to garner new business. Or you can sell it or give it away.

however it has been stated if a customer wants to use it for paying an invoice it can be done under “other method” in the payment screen then select gift card. Many say it works, others say its a toss up. In any case if it says wireless it means wireless and not fios internet service.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this topic it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes