Cancel my new service RESTORE WHAT I JUST GAVE UP PLEASE,NOT HAPPY!
Telen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello to whom this my concern with the ability to get results

I prefer a Manager Help me at this point, The caller must be a US citizen sorry I believe in keeping jobs in the USA! here when it come to services such as Verizon.

Please read and try to understand my issues, please don't skip over my letter as most people tend to do when there this long, sorry but...

Hello yesterday morning I turn on the DVR and find that an update occurred. No sound.! I reset the DVR, the sound started working. Tonight I goto use the DVR and it gave me a message telling me I'm unauthorized to use the DVR! Wow I was blown away! Not only that, what happens if the fios network goes down? No use of the DVR? Nothing has changed at all with Verizon! Still doing the same things as if I has never left! I am so angry I want this junk out of my house! There are other issues I was willing to over look like the fact I was told this was the newest equipment on the market! Not True from what I found out, this DVR does Not come close to the storage the Dish DVR is able to hold! I made it clear that I did not want a DVR with small recording space I I I am recording HD! I stated, I do not want outdated equipment! Another issue is the cable wireless router, I instructed the people who set this up on the phone the day before the installer came out and made it clear, not the installer who Was doing her job, I told the people at Verizon I have no idea who, that I was using my own router, if I had to use the provided router it was to be connected as a secondary unit as mine was to be primary! Well guess what, I'm sure you know the answer to that. At this point I want my services returned back to the way my account was set up before this nightmare gets worse, I was told if I was unhappy I can cancel with in thirty days. At this point I wish to cancel and have my account reverted back to the way it was. Unless we can work out a plan that makes me happy, first that will entail a phone call from management telling me why they always mess up my account? Second I want my early termination to have an escape clause, with time already counted towards the two year commitment as in not start over. Another month to get this straight will be fine with me. Until we reach agreement I'm terminating my trail period and canceling the service that was changed over to the new account. I swore I would never go back to Verizon TV for this very reason a year ago. You assured things were better. I also feel the deal will lead to me paying the full amount of the early termination fee that you told me that Verizon would pay half of the amount when I get billed. I want this verified! This has nothing to do with you helping me but everything to do with my feelings toward my mistrust of Verizon the company, If I find that Verizon tells me otherwise this will end the trial period and the account will be put back the way it was before this nightmare began on 12/5/11 Sorry I'm not putting up with this as a consumer, people that work at Verizon need to be held accountable for there sales staff who make the deals. I just want what was agreed to. At this point I don't like how things are turning out. I was told during the phone calls and emails my account may need tweaking, bundle or not, I don't like the phone message system at all! I liked it the way it was before, I asked about leaving the phone the way I had it as well and you told me it was part of the deal, I don't like the deal sorry. I get a flyer in the mail about the xbox game deal etc. I think we need to rework it as you told me this might happen. As far as the Dish early termination fee split, If they Verizon tell me that's unheard of, this will unleash a full blown out mistrust of Verizon as a group at which point Verizon can pick up this equipment. Again I'm holding Verizon to what I was told I would get. When I read that message that popped up telling me I'm to call Verizon I'm unauthorized to use the DVR I was out-raged. I even reset the box two times. The disappointment I have about Verizon's DVR box was an understatement. The fact that nothings changed, I tried the useless self help through the DVR and Verizon's web site sending reset commands with no luck. I will not make calls every other week or after every update I truly hate calling Verizon's tech support! The day the equipment was installed I had issues with the box, I called and did resolve it over the phone I do understand this was new service and it's to be expected. However, I wanted to have my IP address reset so my store bought router I had been using with no problems for over a year was put back online. I asked about the Action Tech Router having it hooked up as a secondary router I found out I'm paying for the tech support as part of the bundle. I asked how that is I did not ask for this service? Anyway I told the person to go head and transfer me at which time I was on hold for at least 20 minutes, then the call dropped, it was getting late and let it go. I will not go through that ever again I thought I told why I quit the last time! I'm sorry I had no issues for one year other then horrible customer support that Dish Network has, there is no difference there but at least the equipment was never an issue. I really dislike the phone service that's part of the bundle, I understand that's one of your deals to roll up savings. I'm sorry, the phone system is outdated in my view, it's one thing if I did not have to pick up the phone to see if I have a message and the fact that I have to call to have the ring times changed, when I receive faxes. Unless faxes somehow are done over the net, that part I don't know. I do know I use the phone to send a fax,, I have to clear the messages. When I'm in a hurry I really do not like having to do that. If they had a phone that flashed that would help but I'm not running out and buying three cordless phones. Another way to deal with the message feature would allow me to turn it on or off without having to call and talk with person from another county who hates Americans, I guess the powers to be know more then the consumer wants I guess. Please try to save this sale from going back to Dish, I have one week until I have to return the equipment, I was going to send it back today but this happened and I just cannot deal with this. Until Dish Network equipment is returned I'm not bound to have to pay the $50.00 to reactivate my account, I called them this morning to see if it was to late to get my service restarted.
I don't understand the flier I received in the mail that I read with the understanding Verizon really wanted me back, I understand you helped me, I feel in the back of my head you were the regular sales force because seems surprised by the way I referred to the letter, I guess what I'm getting at, the letter was just another attempt to have me call with the same offers as everyone else. I feel I'm not getting what I thought would be this deal like the flier that was written as if it was personally written to me that's one reason I'm putting up a fuss, the letter stated that Verizon was different,I have yet to see how other then you were a nice person to talk to on the phone. Keep in mind you have a job to sale me a service the rest of the business should do the same by making you look good. I'm sorry nothing has changed from what I can tell. I'm sure you get a lot of email. I'm thinking it will be a day or two before you get this and respond unless Verizon filters your mail so you never get to read it or help straighten this out, I'm sending this to other Verizon email accounts hoping I can get this resolved as quickly as possible. I rather you put in writing what you are going to do to help with this mess. Please! I want to know what all this cost in year two?
Seems to me you sold me all this stuff I don't want or need,when the price goes up in year two such as the Help checked the specs. Up up on people and to be honest in the past when it comes to the Action Tech Router the support is non existent. I remember calling going through hell (sorry) trying to set up port forwarding and another feature every good router on this planet has but that router. I have checked the specs. On this router and it seems like its OK, but I have a non cable router that out performs by ten fold including the ability to call tech support at will 24/7 Who eagerly want to help you. I remember calling Action Tech and told to read forums unless I am a Verizon tech they would not talk to me, I had to talk to Verizon even paying for that service was no help. You can see my mistrust about everything Verizon.
Take the DVR I read the Verizon Online forums as your site suggest, everyone bashes the DVRs one reason that would solve my issue is not enabled that's the Ethernet port? Why is this not enabled? Dish has there's enabled! Seems crazy to me. By having the ability to connect my in wall Ethernet jack to plug right into the DVR this would solve the problem for me other then it has very little storage space as I was told I would get.
Ok you get the point, I hope you read all of this and understand what I'm getting
at. Work with me or cancel and put my account back the way it was!

Anyone ever use Broadstripe? Is there customer service any good? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Cancel my new service RESTORE WHAT I JUST GAVE UP PLEASE,NOT HAPPY!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

Telen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im sorry,I did as you requested and called the cancellation department and got into a fight

the real  lier who told me my phone lines were just changed over to digital lines and to have the phone mail box removed was imposable! I explained the account was just changed to a new agreement and I wanted to cancel before the 30 days was up and the fact he lied to me about removing the voice mail put me over the top. He became arrangementive. To the point I told IM I would hang up him if he did not listen! Not only that he would not shut up and would not listen to me at all!

I tried to explain that my account was new because of the changes they reactivated all the service on the phone account!

He kept telling no you can't do that you no longer have copper lines. I told him he repeats that statement one more time I was going to hang up on him . I asked him why was he treating me as if I just landed o n this plaint?

Then I preceded to warn him that I was going file a complaint

This is why we come to these forum's to get help just like Verizon in general, you get a commit from the moderator telling me how to post we are desperate to get help! Not crapped on! I did get through to a real live normal person who seemed to care. After I threaten to go to the public service commission. Everyone who has an issue should report there problem!

The more that do the better the service in the future we can only hope!

By the way yes he did help me with my account not with the number you provided!

My DVR is still in limbo I was told to call the number to get the DVR that was promised to me, The number was wrong!

In this case he did try to help me, If the person working there cannot do his or her job because he gets the wrong information what are we to do? We get upset to the point. This message was related to my account whoever the mod is? I came here with my issues to get help sending a post telling me Im not posting in the correct format is not helping me with my account! At least the Verizon customer cancellation department is right on par with Dish Tv!

Im not wasting my time commit to the forum any longer.

Just leave my account alone

0 Likes
handinpalm
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are screwed like the rest of us.  Join the class action law suite.  Email me at {edited for privacy}.  I am getting a list of defrauded customers from this site & many others.  We are going to hit them where they care.  The MONEY!  They do not care about you as a customer.

Sixx2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would me more than happy to join- my issue is almost 1 year old...see Billing Nightmare. help, help, help.  I have had it. I would cancel the service tomorrow but my husband wants to keep the FIOS for work purposes.

0 Likes
Re: handinpalm
pkegney
Contributor - Level 1

Hey handy, What the staus of class action, apparently your e-mail has been censured

0 Likes
Re: handinpalm
prisaz
Legend

@pkegney wrote:

Hey handy, What the staus of class action, apparently your e-mail has been censured

Verizon Community Terms of Service 02/20/12

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Terms-of-Service-and-User/Verizon-Community-Terms-of-Service-02-20-12/m...

Posting to the Verizon Community

Users of the Verizon Community agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person, such as full name, address, phone number, personal email address, chat ID numbers, and trouble ticket repair numbers;

0 Likes