Canceled Fios, Pay current pre-prorated bill by due date BEFORE receiving Final Bill?
charmjlc

We canceled our Fios Triple Play service on 9/15 (because the post 2-year price was 50% more and they wouldn't do anything about it despite offering new customers get way better pricing, if anybody cares). We were told on the phone when canceling that the cancellation will go in effect three business days later, on 9/19.

We mentioned we were planning on returning the eqiupment in store that day (9/15) and agent said it was ok but she is still sending the boxes anyway. We returned the Fios equipment that day and received confirmation printout.

Now our billing period starts around the 6th or 7th of each month, so we were about 1.5 weeks into the period if counting from 9/19. Our current September bill of course showed the charges for the whole month of September with 10/1 as the due date.

My questions are:

1) Do I pay the whole-month full balance before the due date, then wait for a Final Bill to be generated, which should prorate my current bill, result in a credit balance, and then wait for a credit refund check? Or can I not pay the current bill for now, let the Final Bill adjust it first, then pay whatever the prorated amount due is?

2) I signed up for paperless billing. Will I get Final Bill in the mail or will it be available online as it has always been? And will I be able to pay it online as well?

Hopefully one of the VZ reps can advise. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Canceled Fios, Pay current pre-prorated bill by due date BEFORE receiving Final Bill?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
Re: Canceled Fios, Pay current pre-prorated bill by due date BEFORE receiving Final Bill?
tns
Master - Level 2

Not the best place to ask.  SInce this is peer to peer.  In general to avoid problems its better to pay the whole bill, but file a request for any refund.  Anything else may screwup your credit.  Suggest you pay by credit card so you can file a complaint through them if Verizon screwsup.

ps:  FIle in writing through smail, keeping copies.  Real mail still has some laws attached

and yes use contactus.  Backing up with writing.

0 Likes
charmjlc

I have seen Verizon reps help users in this forum by reviewing accounts. Are you saying that you guys only intervene when an actual problem has occurred rather than also helping customers to PREVENT problems?

I already had a live chat session, I was told I could pay now and wait for refund check or pay later.

I do not know if that's true or not, since we all know that YMMV when it comes to customer rep answers. But regardless, here's the catch of course:

1) If I do pay now, I risk having to put up a "fight" later in terms of the correct refund amount and/or getting my refund check.

2) If I pay later after bill has been prorated in Final Bill, it may cause late payment or debt collection or credit report nonsense.

Both cases have been well documented in these forums.

Now in either case, is the live chat rep going to be responsible for giving me the "I can do either or" advice and things getting screwed up by taking their advice?

I am simply looking for an answer that would hopefully cause the least amount of "fight", an answer that would indicate HOW THINGS ARE SUPPOSE TO WORK. But is that too much to ask from Verizon?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Depends on their mood.  And if they intervene it usually will be just to move it into the private section that you would reach by the CONTACTUS originally.

One of them, Elizabeth S, has already suggested that to you.  Elizabeth tries to please, but follow her recommendation. PM her if after using Contact us, nothing seems to be happening.

0 Likes
charmjlc

Like I said, I have already used the Chat Live function. Please read my previous post.

0 Likes
charmjlc

By the way, here's another Verizon "joke" for you.

If you go to Contact Us, select any topic and any sub-topic to get to Step 3, the Contact Us options page, the option for Live Chat is never shown to be available. But if you click on Email Us (when applicable), there is another Live Chat link there, and that one connects you to Live Chat even though the last page shows not available.

So you tell me, is Live Chat available or not?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@charmjlc wrote:

Like I said, I have already used the Chat Live function. Please read my previous post.

But you are asking for a clarification.  My original advice still hold.  Pay actual bills unless you can get them to clarify in writing before hand that you don't have to.  Otherwise your credit rating might suffer, and take time to get them to correct.

0 Likes