Canceled service, despite calls, billing continued; Please help!
cancel_HELP_OMG
Enthusiast - Level 1

This message relates to my verizon account in DC, which I attempted to cancel in mid July 2019, that I'm still getting bills for. The account is FIOS only.

On July 19, 2019, I had service from a competing provider installed at my house and Verizon was disconnected.

On about July 30, 2019, I called verizon and attempted to disconnect my account.

August 30, 2019, I paid what I believed was my final payment, $164.72.

After this, I continued to get bills. On October 17, 2019, I received a collection call from Verizon, and spent 40 minutes on the phone to resolve this issue. I was assured my account was zeroed out, and given confirmation number DCXXX-XXX-XXXXX -

The billing continued, and I see that I still owe $190.78. I suspect that if I pay that then the service will reactivate and continue to bill again.

I suspect what happened is that both call center employees reestablished my account during the call without my consent, perhaps in order to keep their retention numbers up, and when I paid what I suspected was my final bill, the system treated it as bringing the account current and continued billing me.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks,

Zak

Re: Canceled service, despite calls, billing continued; Please help!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cancel_HELP_OMG,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes