Cancellation of Test Drive Program
Phillydad

I just finished a 35 minute phone call to Verizon Customer Service, it was exhausting. Two months ago we moved to a retirement community and I called Verizon and they recommended the 2 Month Test Drive Program for my wife and I. They said that this program would analyze my watching behavior and recommend the best plan for us. Sounded great! After a few weeks I received an email on Aug 29th which read "Drum Roll" View your recomendation. I clicked on the link and NOTHING happened, I called and was told it was too early to have a recommendation (not enough data). So I waited and never heard back from them again. My bill is now higher than when I was with Comcast and I was unhappy with the service from Verizon so I decided today to cancel the Test Drive. I told the CSR that I never received the best plan recomendation under the test drive program and I would like to cancel the test drive. The CSR was professional (trying to review other plans) but I told her that I have already decided to cancel. She then tells me that I am going to be charged a termination fee of $350, I asked her to waive it and she said they CAN'T DO IT. So at that point I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for 14 minutes and she came back on the line and said "supervisors do not come on the phone for the termination fee". I was disturbed when I heard this and she explained to me (again very professionally) that I would receive a call within 48 hours. My biggest complaint is they recommended the "test drive" which states that they would provide me a recommendation, it never happened and they told me that I was suppose to contact them. ALL their ads/pop/ all state that they will make the recomendation not that I must call for one. Now that their promise was not delivered to me they want to charge me $350 to end the Test Drive which was a 60 day program. I believe they should waive the fee. Any suggestions? BBB?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cancellation of Test Drive Program
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Phillydad,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes