Cancelled before installation, now in collections?
epmendozxa

Has anyone had any problems with this. I cancelled my installation with Verizon. No installers ever stepped foot in my house And I am still being billed. I was going to get 2 cable boxes internet And phone line. But I find it funny that I am only being charged for The phone.  if IM going to cancel their full services why would I keep just The phone line when I was getting The services from another company.

And I never once received a bill from them The only thing I got was a call from a collections agency telling me I needed to pay. Vive worked at a collection agency before And I know were suppose to sent out notice stating they have been sent to collections. But this company never sent anything. The first outstanding balance I was given was 135.09 And when I called again after being cut off I  called back and was given a balance of 67.09 And they are still trying to get me to pay it. And now they have no record of me ever wanting to cancel. And they said that they aren't going to help me that only The collection agency can handle. Shows how much they actually try to help. Vive been getting The run around for so many months.

0 Likes
Re: Cancelled before installation, now in collections?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
epmendozxa

I have already tried speaking with people at Verizon, and from what I have been reading on earlier post Im not the only one who has had issues. I just want this off of my account because I cancelled and I never even used it and I was never sent a bill. If I would have been sent a bill during the time it was saying I had it installed I would have gotten rid of it then and not months later when I get a phone call from a collections agency.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I do understand the frustrations this has caused. We do need to get some account info from you so we can look into this. I have sent you a private message to get more info.

0 Likes
farahbeti

I had a very similar experience.  Verizon's billing/customer service departments do not seem to know what they are doing.  It is a terrible practice to send bills to collections inappropriately, especially after a customer has already had a negative experience with the company.  We were sure we were never going to use Verizon again after our experience with them last year, and now this just makes our opinion of the company even worse.

I ordered high speed wireless internet service last August, but we never actually got the service.  Forget the 3-4 times that we had to come home from work to let a technician in, but we also spent countless hours with Verizon tech support, Verizon billing, Verizon customer service, etc. on the phone - and we never got internet.  

Long story short - The last time the technician came to our place, he told us that we were not even in the system as Verizon customers!  This was after more than a month of dealing with the company and trying to get their internet to work in our apartment.  That was the last straw - we decided to switch to a different company.  We cancelled our service, and we were told we would not be charged anything.

Now, after all these problems, and with the last thing being told that we were not even Verizon customers in their system - I just got a call from a collections agency.  This is highly unprofessional, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it has happened to so many other people (as you can see on this forum).  

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?  

0 Likes