Switch Account

Cannot Access Upgrade Center - My service is about to expire!

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Cannot Access Upgrade Center - My service is about to expire!

Message 1 of 14
(1,994 Views)

My original services expire in a week or two, and it is impossible for me to access the Upgrade & Renewal Center (been trying for a couple of weeks & used 3 different browsers).  Basically, I get to the point where it is looking up my account then an error is returned (see below).  I called yesterday and they submitted a ticket, #41034, but I'm not sure that I trust this.  I don't want things to go on so long that I'm penalized with higher prices because of this error on Verizon's part.  I'm already frustrated with better pricing for new customers than loyal ones (another topic), so I really want to have some time to figure out my options.

Has anyone who has experienced this issue ever gotten it resolved?  If so, how and how long did it take?

-------------------------

Please contact the Verizon Local Business Office We're sorry, we are unable to continue your order at this time.

Please try again later or contact your local Verizon office for assistance.

1 800 - VERIZON (1 800 - 837 - 4966)  
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Cannot Access Upgrade Center - My service is about to expire!

Message 2 of 14
(1,985 Views)

The business office was not able to upgrade you?  Maybe you had spoken with another department, but it would seem silly on their part if they did not tell you that they could when you were speaking with them.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 14
(1,983 Views)

They can, but I was told that if/when you do it online that there is an additional monthly discount.  So, here's the logic:

V: Sir, we encourage you to renew online to take advantage of the online discount.

Me: I've tried, but due to your system failure I am unable to renew online.

V: Sir, I'm sorry, but I can offer to renew you now.

Me: Okay, since your online system is failing and you can't fix it can you extend to me the same discounts?

V: Sir, I'm sorry, but I cannot.  You will need to renew online to take advantage of the discount.

Me: I've tried, but due to your system failure I am unable to renew online.

. . . conversation continue in circles.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 4 of 14
(1,975 Views)

Ok, that doesn't surprise me then.  How much is it, $5/mo?  I also have issue that, depending on who you talk to, some people can't match it, or can but won't, or who can and are happy to.  It's been a while, I wonder if they still have separate retention department that DEFINITELY had access to those discounts.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 14
(1,970 Views)

Yes, $5/mo which equates to $120 over the 2 year contract - nothing to walk away from.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 6 of 14
(1,961 Views)

I would go to a friend or family members house and use their pc to do it. To me $5 is $5.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 14
(1,957 Views)

My first thought.  I've now tried 3 pc's on two different networks with 4 different browsers with the same results.  Issue is definately on their end.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 8 of 14
(1,948 Views)

I just remembered, at least a few years ago, there was a department, called the E-Center, that assisted customers who could not place online orders.  Has anyone mentioned this during your calls?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 14
(1,944 Views)

Nope.  Nothing of the sort.  They direct me to "chat" for all website issues, but "chat" can't seem to do anything about it but submit a ticket.  They did so on Wed, but to no avail at this point (they did tell me it would take up to 3 days - but I'm betting otherwise).

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 14
(1,942 Views)

The sad thing is that I love my FiOS - TV, interenet, & digital voice.  They have every potential of keeping me as a happy customer except it seems like I constantly have to jump through hoops and manage every little issue.  Also, don't even get me started on the loyal customer "penalty".  You would think that they would want to give current customers the same or better deal for renewing a 2 year contract instead of the opposite:  they already own me, there is no additional expense of sending out a tech for a multi-hour install, I've more than paid for my equipment and will continue to do so without them having to place additional equipment in the field, and not to mention that I would more than happily be an FiOS evangelist if they just treated me fairly (relative term, I know).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.