Cannot activiate Visa prepaid card
scl2183

I finally received my Visa prepaid card after months of calling and inquiring about its status. When I tried to activate it over the phone, I was told that the information I entered did not match the record on file. When I tried to activate it on the web, I received a message saying the card was locked. I called Verizon support, who gave me the direct number to the promotions department, but I've been unable to get through to anyone after several calls and waiting for hours on hold. It has been six months since my service was installed. How can I activate my card?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activiate Visa prepaid card
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please keep trying the promotions department. Perhaps try early in the day, or at a later time than you have, to see if you can get through.

0 Likes
scl2183

I have tried and when I finally get through I've been transferred multiple times, eventually winding up at the same pre-recorded menu that tells me that my information does not match what is on file. At this point I can't see how this "reward" isn't a scam and will be cancelling my service ASAP.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi scl2183,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes