Cannot change account password.
falco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to change the password for my FiOS account, and keep getting an error that reads, cannot update, please try later. This has been ongoing for hours.

Is something down, and when will it be back up?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot change account password.
falco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh well, here we are 24hours later, problem still exists.

I see Verizon's stellar online maintnance and support is working like a fine oiled machine.

I hope those that are trying to change thier passwords because they feel thier accounts have been hacked don't wind up having any personal data stolen.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
falco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I figured out why I kept getting an error message reading: "Unable to update".

Apparently the system will not change your password if you try to simutanesouly change your password and account security questions. You have to either change your password, or your security questions.

The bogus part about this, the system does not instruct you of this. It simply reports an "Unable to update" message. it should tell you, that you must do one or the other, and not both at the same time.

So, if you want to change your password, fill the password fields out only. If you want to change your security questiosn, fill those fields out only. Do not try and do them both at the same time.