Cannot pay bill online or over phone due to account change.
joshsadams007

Figured I would give this public forum a shot, after spending a combined total of 4 hours on the phone/on hold the past two days trying to get this resolved as I am bounced around between billing, "customer service", and the e-center (who seems to never answer the phone). I am currently on hold with the e-center now, and have been for exactly 49 minutes 18 seconds per my phones call timer.

To describe what is going on:

I have been a verizon customer for almost 10 years now, and for the past 6 I have had Wireless service and the FIOS Triple Play, all combined into one payment using One Bill. Both Wireless and FIOS service have been month to month for the past few years.

This past month I ported the home phone number out into Google Voice, which subsequently dropped my Triple Play to a Double Play. In donig so, however, it caused the primary account number that was assocated with the account to be closed. From one of the many conversations I've had with Verizon over the past 2 days, this appears to be because the home phone holds an account number seperate from the Intnernet/TV account due to it not being a "true" FIOS service. 

When I look in my online account now I see that i have both account numbers listed. For the account number associated with the FIOS Double Play, I have a negative balance on how much is owed. For the account number associated with the home phone (which also has the one bill Wireless payment) I have a balance due, higher than the credit on the other account, however I am not able to pay this bill. When I try to, it throws an error about the payment application.

I cannot pay the bill on the phone either, as it gets an error on both account numbers. I tried using verizon.com/payonline as well while not logged in, and it throws an error about the account not being recognized, and to contact verizon.

I have never tried so hard in my life to give people my money without success.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot pay bill online or over phone due to account change.
joshsadams007

Heeey the e-center finally answered, and asked me repeatedly to switch browsers and then proceeded to tell me he was going to reset my password since I was having trouble logging into my account???? Where you you hire these people.

He transferred me to tech support, who told me they have nothing to do with any of this and cannot help.

So finally as a last resort, I am being transferred to Retentions. We're either going to pay the bill or cancel everything we got and go to AT&T/XFinity.

0 Likes
joshsadams007

Retentions started to sound like we were actually going to be making some progress...that is of course until she put me on hold and then transferred me back into the regular queue with someone who said I would need to be transferred to billing, who then proceeded to tell me they need to transfer me to the e-center.  It's like some sick evil merry-go-round.

There just aren't any words to describe Verizon Customer Service. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi joshsadams007,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes