Change Name on Account

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Change Name on Account

Message 1 of 4
(795 Views)

I am currently trying to find a way to change the name on the account I have. I'm moving out of my place within a week's time and wanted to change the name on the account to the other renter that's still living there. I asked a customer service rep on live chat and they said "they didn't think it could be done" possibly because I'm under contract? After browsing other forum posts, it looks like other people may have had some help in resolving this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Change Name on Account

Message 2 of 4
(769 Views)

I believe that you probably will have to cancel the service as of whatever date you are leaving then whoever is still living there will have to reestablish the account under their name. I would check with Verizon but I think that is the method.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 3 of 4
(758 Views)

Telcoguru is correct. There really is no such thing as a name change. They will disconnect and reconnect new service

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(748 Views)

Name change, allowed, but different person NOT allowed.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.