Charged ETF even though Verizon can't provide the same service
lucy00

When I signed up for Verizon Fios TV and Internet, I was told a variety of things by the sales rep that weren't true or stipulated with technicalities or fine print terms.  I got a pretty good deal on the TV/Internet package with a 2 yr price guarantee and an offer for a free tablet. I told the rep I would be moving within the 2 yrs, and was told it would be fine. I justed needed to call and would get my things transferred easily. I was also told I would only have to pay for a $25 install fee, because I already had a box in my bldg, but no hookups in my apt.

The problem started on my second bill. I noticed the price didn't go down and saw an activation I was not informed of. It was $70 split into 3 payments, which is why I didn't notice it. The CS rep told me there was nothing they could do because my bill was emailed to me, along with a ton of other new customer emails and I could have canceled before 30 days.  They just kept saying, "Well, you only have one more payment of it", which was not the point of the problem. Then, when I recieved my voucher for the free tablet, I found out I had to pay a 2yr data plan (which would cost the full price of the tablet).  I was annoyed and upset by all this, but I put up with it because I was getting a good deal.

Well, it was time for me to move and I thought the easiest thing to do on my long list of moving tasks would be transferring my service. Instead, I was surprised and disappointed to find out that not only would my acct be closed and a new one opened (essentially making me a new customer), but the internet level I had they no longer offered. The next available one would up my cost. and just getting internet would cost exactly what I should have been paying for internet AND tv.  And my 2yr price guarantee, no longer applied. After all the disappointment, grief and poor customer service, I decided to cancel. I had enough.  Only to my surprise, I would have to pay a $210 Early Termination Fee. I explained to them that they could no longer offer the same service that I signed up for, so their end of the contract was not being upheld.  All I got was a repeated response of, "We understand you frustration, but there's nothing we can do."

Even after all my grief and poor service, how could a company in good conscience charge me an ETF, even though they couldn't uphold their end of the contract? I can't remember the last time a company treated me so poorly. Everyone I spoke to had the same attitude, "Yes, we know our sales rep lied, but it's not our problem. Just deal with it."  I didn't want the install fee refunded, I wasn't looking to get that free tablet or demand the TV and higher internet speed for the lower price. I wanted to stay a customer, but couldn't because they couldn't provide the same service. I just wanted the ETF waived because the contract was clearly broken on their end. Is there anyone who can rectify this issue? I'm so angry and appalled by all this. I'm just looking for someone to solve this issue and not give me the run around.

0 Likes
Re: Charged ETF even though Verizon can't provide the same service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes