Charged an overdraft fee after being billed twice and lied to by service rep
austinm95

So I got charged twice for one bill and it overdrew my account. This usually wouldn't be an issue since I can transfer money into my account or drive to the bank and deposit some cash. I called to get the charge reversed and the Verizon rep assured me the money would be back in my account by midnight. Next day no money and I got charged a 36 dollar fee from my bank. Guess it's my fault for believing a service rep? 2 days later the money finally arrives. Just got off the phone with a rep who said they can't do anything about bank charges. I'm not asking for a refund, but a credit to my account seems reasonable.

Is this 100% undebatable? Really upset that I was lied to and then got screwed over by it.

If I dispute the charge with my bank will Verizon close my account?

I almost canceled my account on the spot since I can get Xfinity for the same price, but don't want to go through the hassle of getting it set up if I don't have to.

I know this is a community forum but not sure where else I could ask these questions.

0 Likes
Re: Charged an overdraft fee after being billed twice and lied to by service rep
jonjones1
Legend

@austinm95 wrote:

So I got charged twice for one bill and it overdrew my account. This usually wouldn't be an issue since I can transfer money into my account or drive to the bank and deposit some cash. I called to get the charge reversed and the Verizon rep assured me the money would be back in my account by midnight. Next day no money and I got charged a 36 dollar fee from my bank. Guess it's my fault for believing a service rep? 2 days later the money finally arrives. Just got off the phone with a rep who said they can't do anything about bank charges. I'm not asking for a refund, but a credit to my account seems reasonable.

Is this 100% undebatable? Really upset that I was lied to and then got screwed over by it.

If I dispute the charge with my bank will Verizon close my account?

I almost canceled my account on the spot since I can get Xfinity for the same price, but don't want to go through the hassle of getting it set up if I don't have to.

I know this is a community forum but not sure where else I could ask these questions.

You can call your bank or credit union and have them remove the fee. However they will argue that you should leave sufficient funds in your account to cover these types of issues. However having a dispute filled with your bank a simple look at your account and the double charge should be sufficient to have the fee removed.

Additionally never do an auto payment anything with any company. It’s like giving the company a blank check. Cancel automatic payments and simply log in each month and make a one time free payment from the Fios app or online customer portal.

if you pay by credit card it’s even quicker via just sending in a dispute and getting a charge back. 

0 Likes
Re: Charged an overdraft fee after being billed twice and lied to by service rep
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes